Senior Manager, Benefits & HR
New York, NY /
Business & Operations – Operations /
BDG is seeking a Senior Manager of Benefits & HR to join its Human Resources team. This individual will focus on the company’s benefit plans, including design, development, and compliance with policies and government regulations for all Company health and welfare plans.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success developing and implementing benefits programs, strong attention to detail and an ability to multitask, an exceptional sense of discretion, strong decision-making skills, and excellent problem solving and collaboration capabilities.
Reporting to the Associate Director of HR, this position affords the opportunity to join a growing team of human resource professionals.
- Administer the company's benefits plans such medical, dental, vision, wellness, life insurance, disability, leaves of absence, 401(k), and more
- Own the annual benefit Open Enrollment Process. From working closely with BDG's benefits broker to managing all employee communications, you’ll be the go-to for all things Benefits during the annual process
- Support regulatory compliance projects, such as annual FSA testing, 401(k) audits, and more
- Assess and recommend benefits programs to leadership by studying employee requirements and trends and developments in benefits offered by other organizations
- Conduct budgeting and financial analysis of employee benefits programs. Monitor high-cost claims, targets problem claim areas. Ensure adequate estimates, forecasts, and calculations of expenditures in benefits for budget planning and tracking.
- Setting up and managing all EDI feeds between the payroll system and the benefits vendors and reconciling after each payroll
- Review ACA notifications within the Payroll system on a monthly basis and take actions as needed
- Handle benefits communications to new hires, current employees and updating it on BDG’s internal systems
- Maintain documents such as the benefits presentation used for open enrollment and new hires.
- Ensure compliance with governmental regulations related to benefit programs and labor law, including ERISA, FMLA, and HIPAA, and monitor for legal and regulatory updates, inclusive of COVID-19 legislation, in relation to benefits management
- Oversee the leave management process and ensure compliance with FMLA and state regulations
- Communicate BDG’s leave plans to employees and help them complete all needed paperwork and keep both managers and employees updated on key dates and deliverables
- Reconcile and pay the monthly invoices for all benefits and 401(k) vendors.
- Respond to the day-to-day emails from employees with benefits related questions
- Approve monthly dependent listing and weekly benefit files within the Payroll system
- 5+ years of benefits experience, ideally with self-funded U.S. benefits plans with employees in multiple states
- Audit experience including 401K plan, Cafeteria 125 plans, and workers compensation
- Demonstrated success designing and managing benefits plans
- Experience managing open enrollment and rate renewals with insurance broker and benefit vendors
- Strong working knowledge of regulatory compliance and governance policies
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaboration and relationship-building skills
- Excellent project management skills and ability to practice discretion
- Familiarity with Paylocity and advance skills in Microsoft excel are a plus
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, Input, Gawker, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.