Associate Beauty News Editor, The Zoe Report
New York, NY /
Editorial – The Zoe Report /
The Zoe Report is seeking a Beauty News Editor to lead and shape fashion and beauty news across the site. Reporting to the Editor-in-Chief, the Beauty News Editor will write, assign, and edit day-to-day shopping driven content that spans celebrity style, product launches, must-know sales, and relevant industry news. The editor will work closely with the other editors to brainstorm and ideate on what’s most urgent and relevant for our audience.
The ideal candidate is passionate about being the first to know what is happening in the fashion and beauty realm, celebrity style, and all things related to shopping. The candidate should be hungry to be the first to a story, whether it’s an incredible flash sale at a favorite brand, the release of a new designer collaboration, or an exclusive red-carpet interview.
This position requires 4-5 years of experience writing and editing fashion, beauty, and celebrity style news as well as a network of relationships with major brands in each industry. The role is fast-paced and requires someone who is able to ideate and delegate quickly as well as generate SEO and social heds in a timely manner.
- Assign, edit, and publish 12-15 fashion, beauty, celebrity style-focused news stories a day, managing a team of part-time writers
- Keep a finger on the pulse of all things industry and shopping news via social media, press releases, and exclusive announcements via your professional network
- Attend relevant industry events, with an eye for on-site or social coverage opportunities
- Closely monitor analytics tools to track performance, and adjust daily and monthly strategy accordingly
- Constantly brainstorm with writers and fellow editors on methods to deliver shopping news content in exciting and creative ways
- Work closely with team members during tentpole events, such as awards season and fashion weeks
- 4-5 years of fashion, beauty, and/or celebrity style writing and editing experience in digital media
- Keen understanding and advanced knowledge of best practices for search and social
- Ability to write and edit quickly without compromising brand integrity or mission
- Contacts with the major and emerging brands the fashion and beauty industry
- Ease in attending events and networking with key players in the industry while representing the company
- An energetic spirit, positive attitude, and a sense of urgency to deliver news to our devoted readers
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.