Freelance Writer, Nightlife, NYLON
New York, NY
Editorial – NYLON /
Bustle Digital Group (“BDG”) is seeking a Freelance Writer, Nightlife to contribute to the NYLON team. The writer will report out the trends that are shaping the art, music, and culture of nightlife. They will also contribute to NYLON’s daily nightlife coverage, including previews, party reports.
The ideal candidate has established relationships within the nightlife, fashion, and entertainment industry, and values inclusive, approachable writing. They have prior experience writing pop culture news and interviews.
The ideal candidate is someone who can thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and must be able to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Contribute to collaborative projects and section-wide initiatives (NYLON Nights)
- Sweep the internet for trending culture stories
- Pitch article ideas with unique angles and headlines
- Attend nighttime events on behalf of NYLON and file party reports the following morning
- Follow NYLON’s CMS best practices
- File accurate stories
- 2 years experience writing about pop culture and an eye for nightlife trends
- Comes with contacts and connections within the nightlife space
- A willingness to attend evening events and meet morning deadlines
- Able to tackle assigned stories and eager to pitch original stories with strong angles
BDG is one of today’s leading global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture through its authentic and trusted storytelling. Audiences turn to our brands – Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the interests engaging the next generation. Founded in 2013, the Company reaches over 223 million readers and social fans and serves hundreds of the world's largest advertisers. BDG has global offices in New York, Los Angeles, Miami, London, and Paris.