Lifestyle Writer, Romper
Editorial – Romper /
Romper is seeking a part-time Lifestyle Writer to join a site devoted to elevating the conversation around raising children and the parenting experience, with our mission of uplifting diverse voices and experiences in the forefront. The lifestyle team specifically covers
pregnancy, parenting, sex, health, fashion, astrology, and beauty in the form of researched and reported service articles, listicles, and features. Applicants should have a keen interest in parenting and what it means to raise children these days. Keeping stories both informative and conversational is at the heart of Romper's service journalism. How would you tell your BFF what breastfeeding *really* feels like? If a new mom emailed you her fears about her baby's delayed milestones, how would you talk to her? If your cousin needs ideas for keeping her child chill on an airplane, what would you suggest?
Applicants should be comfortable interviewing experts, parsing and citing studies, and digging for the science behind parenting. (Why do babies wake up right as you're drifting to sleep?) Applicants should also be enthusiastic about contributing holiday-related content such as caption ideas, family-friendly activities, gift guides, and more.
A minimum commitment of at least two days per week is required. Writers will work remotely in 6-hour shifts between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. EST.
Applications without a cover letter (detailing relevant experience) and pitches will not be considered.
Examples of Romper lifestyle stories include:
- Write excellently researched and reported service articles to appear onRomper.com
- Contribute to team ideas and brainstorms
- Demonstrated passion for covering maternity health, pregnancy, and parenting service
- At least 2+ years of writing and reporting experience
- A strong, unique voice and innovative ideas
- Ability to produce exciting, well-researched articles efficiently
- Strong reporting skills; access to diverse, reputable medical experts and specialists
- Availability to work remotely 2-3 days a week
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.