Mind and Body Writer, Inverse
Editorial – Inverse /
Inverse is looking for a part-time writer on its editorial team. This role is central in our mission to explore the latest science around nutrition, health, exercise, psychology, and whole-body improvement.
Inverse’s target audience is comprised of young men who want to know how the latest science and innovation can help them live healthier lives. Part of our mission is to redefine what men’s health coverage looks like, and this writer will play a huge part in that.
The ideal candidate for this position has at least a year of relevant journalism experience. They are eager to set the latest scientific research in context and make it accessible for a mainstream audience. They are enthusiastic about their role in building out Inverse’s library of evergreen health guides, and can be counted on to turn a phrase that sticks with readers.
We are looking for a creative individual with a sense of humor, sharp critical thinking skills, and an enterprising attitude to join our diverse and dynamic team.
The perfect candidate will excel at researching scientific studies and doing a little reporting to produce stories that match the quality of the articles below, which also boast engaging ledes, concise nut grafs, compelling headlines, and captivating images:
- Write one to two articles of varying length per day, including news explainers, study coverage, and evergreen guides
- Execute original story series
- Develop pitches and write compelling, clear ledes and nut grafs that draw the reader in
- Participate in morning pitch meetings
- Bring new readers to Inverse and build a loyal audience
- One year of relevant experience (internships or freelancing count)
- Excellent clips that show your original reporting/writing skills
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- An enthusiasm for explaining sometimes esoteric concepts for a mainstream audience
- Previous professional experience at a relevant digital media company
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, Input, Gawker, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.