Beauty Writer, Nylon
Editorial – NYLON /
NYLON is seeking a remote, part-time Beauty Writer to join the team. NYLON readers are experimental when it comes to beauty and are curious about all sorts of beauty-related news and trends, so interested applicants should be, too.
We're looking for candidates who can quickly cover the latest product drops and collaboration announcements, stay up to date on the latest YouTube happenings, compile beauty trend roundups, identify on-brand celebrity beauty news as well as breaking viral trends on platforms like TikTok and Instagram, and so much more.
The ideal candidate should be an experienced writer who is in-the-know about the biggest beauty and celebrity stories of the day, and ready to get in on the conversation from the NYLON point of view. Published writing clips and experience working in a fast-paced, digital environment are required. In your cover letter, please tell us your favorite beauty topics to cover, as well as your favorite sources for beauty news. We're especially looking for writers who approach beauty through the lens of pop and internet culture, and a totally unique, diverse, and inclusive point of view.
This is a remote, part-time position.
- Sweep the internet each day for trending beauty stories
- Pitch article ideas with unique angles and headlines
- Create and publish 3-4 stories per day
- 1-2 years of beauty writing experience, preferably in the digital realm
- Ability to write clean copy with a quick turnaround time
- An established portfolio of published clips
- Eagerness to jump on breaking and trending news stories in the beauty sphere
- Available to work remotely 3-4 days per week
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.