Product – Engineering /
BDG Media is seeking a Frontend Software Engineer to join our team of engineers and creators who are building and maintaining a world-class publishing product that empowers writers and journalists to reach an incredibly large audience and to play a role in how that audience interacts with the information presented to them.
You will be working closely with designers and engineers to shape these experiences that are modern, clear, responsive, and beautiful. The ideal candidate is both forward-thinking and hands-on, has a strong sense of ownership and drive for delivery. You will be implementing new features, as well as understanding, working with, and refactoring existing code. At BDG, we pride ourselves on the collaboration between Product, Design, and Engineering and so you will be involved in the entire product lifecycle, from ideation through building, deploying, and continual improvement and evolution.
- Contribute to our many existing open-source projects, or create your own.
- Experiment with new languages, frameworks, and libraries, and understand why they might be a good fit.
- Help build products that will adapt to industry changes for years to come.
- Work closely with engineering, product, and design partners.
- Architect and implement UI’s and technologies to help power our next-generation user experiences.
- Take initiative and produce timely results in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Consistently demonstrate high levels of technical knowledge, ingenuity, and creativity.
- 3+ years of HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross-browser compatibility, and accessibility.
- Passion for building products that are beautiful outside and inside – from their user experience to their robust and elegant design.
- Strong front-end engineering skills, especially CSS.
- Eager to improve the areas in which you live and work. (Code, Processes, Communication).
- Have good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with colleagues across various levels of seniority.
- Experience working in a collaborative coding environment (and git specifically), refining designs together, writing tests, working through code reviews and managing pull requests.
- Willingness to grow your leadership skills.
Don’t meet these requirements? We encourage you to apply regardless. All exceptional candidates will be considered.
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.