Senior Video Editor
Creative – Video and Production /
As a video editor at Bustle Digital Group, you will be responsible for owning high-level edits throughout the post-production process, bringing a unique creative eye to the team.
The senior video editor will be responsible for a range of projects across the BDG portfolio of publications, with a primary focus on branded content across our Lifestyle and Culture and Innovation categories. Formats range from stylized profile pieces and day in the lives, to how-to videos and explainers, to fashion and beauty lookbooks, to celebrity interviews, to purposeful mini-docs and scripted content, making for a real range of projects and formats.
The ideal candidate will have a high level of finishing skills, including graphics integration, sound mixing, and color correction. You must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Audition). Candidates must be adaptable to edit a range of projects, including using media from a variety of sources (different camera systems, phones, archival, film, etc). You must also have experience working with editorial and branded clients.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about post-production, specifically video editing, and will bring a can-do attitude. You ideally work best in teams and are eager to learn, collaborate, and think outside the box to achieve the most creative video possible. This will be a remote position working on EST hours, with a possibility of working from our NYC office.
- Own edits throughout the post-production process, collaborating with the producer and creative lead to meet editorial or client demands
- Must meet deliverable deadlines, and maintain an open dialogue with the team
- Responsible for maintaining high-quality finishing across all videos
- Responsible for QC’ing all work
- Archiving and organizing all projects to maintain a proper workflow and backlog
- Potentially managing other editors on the team
- At least 3+ years of professional editing experience
- Knowledge of current video media landscape and various platforms
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Premiere Pro
- Ability to color correct and mix audio
- Experience working in scripted & non-scripted video
- Experience working with and without producers
- Must be highly organized and maintain the post team workflow with every project
- Digital media experience is a plus
- Motion Graphics experience is a plus
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, Input, Gawker, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.