Senior Video Producer, Branded Content
New York, NY /
Creative – Video and Production /
Bustle Digital Group is looking for a highly creative Senior Producer to join our dynamic, fast-paced Branded Content video team. A strong candidate will have both an elevated visual aesthetic as well as strong storytelling chops, and will be able to act as both a producer and director on set. Projects will likely lean toward the style and lifestyle spaces (fashion, beauty, and talent driven profiles) so an interest and/or expertise in those categories is a bonus. We are looking for someone who is truly passionate about filmmaking and putting forth fresh and innovative work. Since we produce content for a variety of platforms (Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, .com) a strong understanding of platform best practices and how to produce engaging content for social is also an important skill for this position.
The Senior Producer will need to juggle multiple projects in all phases of production. On a typical day, you might be scripting, storyboarding, ideating angles for a video, going through casting options, pre-interviewing talent, putting together creative treatments and pre-pro materials, directing on set, overseeing edits in post production, or writing social copy to accommodate a video - or a combination of these things!
A successful candidate in this role will have a passion for collaboration and excellent communication skills. They will work closely with other departments spanning art directors, creative directors, branded content editors, and account managers to put together cohesive campaigns for clients.
The ability to set a new standard and lead a team both explicitly and by example is necessary.
The Senior Producer will sit on the Branded Content video team reporting to the Vice President of Video, and will also work closely with the account management, production management and creative teams.
While this role will begin as a remote position, we prefer candidates who will ultimately be based in NYC or Los Angeles.
- Source, research, and script stories for engaging socially-distributed videos
- Concept and craft scripts, treatments, interview questions, and shot lists for productions
- Develop stories based on brand’s key marketing initiatives
- Work closely and collaboratively with editor to bring story to life — collaboration is essential to this role
- Conduct interviews in the field, in-studio, or via
- Direct talent
- Leverage your existing freelance network for original production on-location
- Lead production, provide direction, and partner closely with crew members in the field
- Work with on-camera talent to develop authentic personal narratives
- Handle client feedback in a timely and professional manner
- Creative directing video shoots, including art direction, onset creative, and/or location selection
- Strong aesthetic sensibility demonstrated via visual art, graphic design, styling, curation, etc.
- 5+ years experience in production, with emphasis on digital and social
- Experience in managing a team is a plus
- Strong narrative storytelling and script writing skills
- Keen sense of visual storytelling
- Excellent communicator
- Detail oriented and organized; mastery of call sheets and production tracking
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines with upbeat urgency
- Working knowledge of production paperwork including COIs, film permits, carnets, gear quotes and freelancer contracts
- Understanding of what goes into creating an engaging social video
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.