Updates Editor, BDG
Editorial – BDG /
Bustle Digital Group is looking for an Updates Editor to update existing content across BDG’s portfolio of websites (including Bustle, Elite Daily, Romper, The Zoe Report, and NYLON) in an ongoing effort to ensure content is current, accurate, expert-backed, and comprehensive. This full-time role involves managing a small team of Updates Writers; editing updated content; updating content themselves with additional reporting, writing, and rewriting as necessary; ensuring updates meet editorial standards; and assisting with and/or managing other content maintenance projects and tasks.
The person who fills this role must possess strong reporting, writing, and editing skills; be efficient, deadline-driven, and organized; and have an understanding of SEO. This person should also feel comfortable editing and writing about lifestyle and pop culture topics, as updated content will primarily involve subject areas including sex, relationships, food, celebrity, social media/tech, astrology, wellness, style, and beauty. This role will report to BDG’s Vice President of Content Strategy and can be remote.
- Edit updated content from a small team of Updates Writers, ensuring it is accurate, up to date, comprehensive, expert-backed, and in abidance with SEO best practices and editorial standards
- Update content directly with additional writing, reporting, and rewriting as necessary, by sourcing and conducting interviews with a diverse roster of experts
- Review and manage story update lists and content updating calendars across brands, identifying stories that could be updated and the best ways to do so (i.e. strengthening sourcing, fleshing out inadequate copy, removing and replacing broken images or links, etc.) Ensure updated content across all sites meets editorial standards
- Assist the Content Strategy team with other content maintenance tasks and projects.
- 3-5 years experience as a writer and/or editor
- Strong writing, reporting, editing, and organization skills
- An interest and comfort writing about and editing lifestyle and pop culture content
- An understanding of SEO, including general best practices
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.