New York, NY /
Editorial – BDG /
BDG is seeking a creative leader that can help define the visual brand identities through photography for our lifestyle properties including Bustle, Nylon, Romper, Elite Daily, and The Zoe Report.
This position will lead and inspire our talented photo and production department while developing strong cross-functional relationships with the Design and Editorial teams.
The successful candidate will have excellent relationships with photo agencies, a discerning eye for identifying up-and-coming talent, and a solid skillset in photo production and management.
- Collaborate with the SVP of Creative to identify talent, locations, and creative contributors.
- Liaise with the Producer and Junior Art Director to manage budgets, contracts, and creative concept delivery
- Refines cross-departmental processes to ensure efficiency and collaboration
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of photography - hiring freelancers, assigning out stories, scheduling pre-production meetings, and managing final asset delivery and management
- Manage Photo and Video Archive
- Determine best practices for cross-functional team photo requirements
- 8+ years in photo direction, with an emphasis on editorial portraiture and fashion
- 3+ years management experience with direct reports
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong creative direction across a variety of photo-lead projects
- Excellent people management skills including the ability to provide constructive feedback and develop individual performance
- Track record of leading multiple projects while managing workflow, feedback, and deadlines across teams
- Exceptional communication and problem-solving skills with an eye towards details
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.