Weekend Writer, Elite Daily
Editorial – Elite Daily /
Elite Daily is seeking a remote, part-time writer to contribute two shifts per week to its weekend team. Day-to-day responsibilities include identifying entertainment and news stories our reader would be interested in, pitching unique, engaging angles on trending content, and turning around clean copy in a fast-paced environment.
Applicants should have extensive knowledge of the entertainment landscape at large — from the latest TV/movie casting announcements and album drops, to updates on celebrity feuds and forthcoming projects. An interest in general politics, food, and viral news relevant to Elite Daily’s audience is a plus.
Ideal candidates should have 2+ years of experience in reporting, writing, and/or blogging, and be able to handle multiple projects at once. Writers should also have a fun, witty voice, and display strong news judgment.
*We are currently looking to fill a Saturday and Sunday shift from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. ET. This writer will work remotely.*
- Find and pitch relevant news stories that appeal to the Elite Daily audience
- Work directly with editors to brainstorm and ideate unique angles on current trending topics
- Package posts for both search and social optimization, with clickable headlines and teasers
- Write 3 stories per shift about trending entertainment and social news
- 2+ years of experience in writing, reporting, or blogging
- A fun, witty voice and innovative ideas
- A passion for all things pop culture
- Pitch-perfect news judgment
- Familiarity with SEO best practice
- Twitter addiction regrettably preferred
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, Input, Gawker, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.