New York, NY /
Creative – Branded Content /
BDG is seeking a Creative Director of Branded Content to join our award-winning BDG Studios team. This is a fast-paced cross-departmental group that conceives and manages branded content campaigns for a wide range of clients—from beauty and fashion to entertainment and food.
Reporting to the EVP of Marketing and Creative, the Creative Director hails from an art background with an emphasis on graphic design and art direction. They will lead a team of art directors and designers to create innovative and strategic design solutions from ideation through execution. The Creative Director will collaborate with the other creative leaders within the BDG Studios team to inspire and harness new ways of thinking about branded content. This leadership role requires fostering client relationships through creative presentations and troubleshooting client feedback in a nimble and positive manner.
- Lead branded design team to ideate unique and best-in-class branded content
- Directs the effort to develop creative concepts and implementations in a cross-disciplinary manner that align with both BDG’s audience and advertiser’s objectives
- Be a hands-on creative leader by taking on the highest-stakes projects within the department
- Partner with other creative teams within the BDG Studios org (content, social, production, and video) to inspire innovation and visual excellence on all projects
- Manages 8+ art directors and designers, which includes regular one-on-one check-in’s, writing and delivering annual performance reviews, and recruiting and onboarding new employees within the design team
- 10+ years of relevant work experience with a strong online portfolio
- Experience art directing photoshoots for advertising
- A solid understanding of digital media along with an extensive portfolio to prove it
- A master Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Sketch and Photoshop
- Should love to brainstorm and work as a team, whether leading creative execution or rolling your sleeves up with the team
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to manage multiple projects at once while mentoring and managing a growing team of creatives
- Nimble with adapting to new technologies
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, Input, Gawker, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.