Email Marketing Strategist
Editorial – Social Media & Audience Development /
BDG is seeking an Email Marketing Strategist to support all aspects of our email marketing program: strategy, execution, performance analysis, and optimization. You will work across the BDG portfolio of brands (Bustle, Nylon, Elite Daily, etc), developing smart email campaigns, testing new strategies, and applying learnings to evolve best practices.
The ideal candidate will take our email marketing program to the next level focusing on lead acquisition, engagement, and retention, constantly unlocking new ways to engage our audiences. You will innovate our email distribution tactics (ex. segmentation, automation) to expand total reach while also improving email engagement metrics. You will be completely hands-on, from building and deploying campaigns through our ESP, to pulling data and sharing performance insights with key stakeholders, including BDG editorial, sales, and commerce leads.
The right candidate will have a passion for great content and storytelling, a knack for writing compelling copy, as well as unearthing and acting on trends in data. You will work closely with many departments (editorial, product, and sales) in an effort to help produce and package email content for maximum visibility. The position will be part of our Audience Development and Marketing team.
This role can either be based in our New York, NY office or remote!
- Manage and curate our email newsletters, executing deployment of marketing emails (daily and automated)
- Aggressively identify and implement opportunities to grow the subscription base and optimize performance, while maintaining healthy and engaged lists
- Own email KPIs, including deliverability, open rate, click through rate, conversion rate, opt-out rate, as well as specific business goals around individual campaigns
- Track and report on all email marketing campaigns
- Handle day-to-day communications with sales team to execute sponsored newsletter campaigns
- Work with product and creative teams to deliver compelling and functional marketing materials to be used across all channels (e.g. signup modals, email banners, etc.)
- Assist with planning and executing email acquisition initiatives to grow newsletter database, including sweepstakes and co-marketing partnerships
- Constantly stay informed of best in class email practices and technologies
- 2+ years of email marketing experience, with specific experience building and analyzing campaigns
- Hands on experience with marketing automation platforms
- Proven track-record of devising and delivering successful CRM programs
- Strong analytical knowledge and experience with reporting, driving insights, and data-driven optimization
- Ability to adapt in an ever-changing environment - balancing intense attention to detail with swift turnaround
- Superior project management skills
- A self-starter who loves collaboration: you’re comfortable working independently as well as influencing cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to analyze data and communicate it in digestible terms
- Highly organized with a ‘can-do’ attitude
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, Input, Gawker, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.