Associate Manager, Content Strategy
New York, NY /
Editorial – BDG /
BDG is looking for a full-time Associate Manager, Content Strategy, to support the numerous content strategy initiatives across the company’s editorial brands, including tracking and reporting analytics for all our editorial content, managing partnerships, and assisting with other content strategy projects and initiatives.
This role is responsible for managing existing editorial platform partnerships (such as Google Discover, Apple News, and Flipboard) for all brands, which includes pitching BDG content, communicating and tracking deliverables from editors, and managing the reporting/dissemination of partnership analytics and takeaways to editors. This role is also responsible for tracking, compiling, and disseminating overall and search traffic insights and analysis across editorial brands using internal data tools, Google Analytics, and Google Data Studios; maintaining editorial training documents and guidelines; and assisting with other strategy-related projects involving SEO and keyword research, content updating, content promotion, and more.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about the digital media space and the ways in which analytics inform content. Candidates should be flexible, organized, quick-to-adapt self-starters who are able to multitask under pressure and learn quickly. The ideal candidate is also very proficient in Excel/Google Sheets; has a firm understanding and practice of SEO; and is familiar and comfortable with traffic data compilation, dissemination, and analysis.
This role is full-time and while the position is currently remote, the person hired must be available to work from our NYC office as our back-to-work plans evolve. Please note: Though this is not an editing or writing role, the ideal candidate should have some experience with writing or editing in the digital media space.
- Track, compile, and disseminate traffic reports and insights across BDG properties.
- Synthesize data and provide analysis and editorial takeaways as needed.
- Manage platform partnerships, including communicating and tracking deliverables from editors, and disseminating content feedback and traffic insights.
- Track partner analytics on a weekly and monthly basis, and pitch BDG content to partners as needed.
- Update and maintain best practices guidelines decks and documents, based on evolving strategy.
- Assist with strategy-related projects involving SEO and keyword research, content updating, content promotion, and more.
- 2-4 years of experience in digital media that includes traffic analytics
- Proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets
- Extreme proficiency working in traffic/web analytics platforms (such as Google Analytics, Google Data Studios, Chartbeat, Parse.ly, etc.)
- Ability to compile and synthesize data so that it is clear and actionable to large teams
- Excellent time management, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to adapt quickly in an environment that is constantly changing
- Ability to multitask under pressure and deliver results for multiple simultaneous tasks
- Ability to be proactive and take ownership of projects
- A knack for problem-solving and an obsession with details
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.