Branded Fashion Editor
New York, NY /
Creative – Branded Content /
BDG is seeking a Branded Fashion Editor to join a team of fellow editors and strategists on the BDG Studios team. BDG Studios partners with advertisers to create dynamic content that resonates with readers and consumers, driven by the editorial values of authenticity, inclusivity, positivity, and empowerment.
From pitch phase through execution, you’ll work with strategists, creatives, and producers to connect each of BDG’s titles with advertiser objectives, ensuring all content remains on-strategy, on-brand, and premium in quality. Recent advertisers include H&M, AG Jeans, Bottega Veneta, Loewe, Celine, and many others.
You should have a firm grasp of each title’s editorial voice and be able to work across multiple teams to vet creative concepts and communicate them to clients. You’ll have the creative latitude to manage branded fashion content from start to finish.
You will have the opportunity to take on a variety of different projects, whether you’re creating written series for our sites, researching talent for new campaigns, collaborating with our Design team on photo shoots, or working with influencers and top-tier talent. For this role, you should be as comfortable working with luxury brands as you are with mass retailers, applying your fashion expertise and high attention to detail throughout.
- See our branded content campaigns from start to finish. This may include:
- Brainstorming creative concepts in response to RFPs
- Writing, assigning, and editing stories
- Assisting on branded photoshoots
- Concepting, capturing, and posting social-first content
- Work with the branded editorial team to develop best practices for branded content
- Communicate with sales and marketing teams to ensure that our creative concepts are clear and executable.
- Ensure that we are meeting client expectations and deadlines
- Maintain a working knowledge of relevant talent, brands, designers, and creative freelancers
- Help expand the branded fashion writer network
- Keep up with industry trends in fashion as well as in branded content
- 3-5+ years of experience in fashion editorial and/or branded content at a publisher — preferably you have worked with a mix of luxury and mass retail brands.
- A demonstrated ability to create (concept, write, edit) engaging fashion content that’s deeply informed by fashion industry & social trends
- A willingness to occasionally appear on-camera demonstrating fashion expertise or tips (photo, social, and/or video, to a lesser degree)
- A keen interest in digital advertising at BDG and beyond
- A positive, team-oriented attitude and strong interpersonal skills — you should be able to communicate across teams to find solutions whenever possible
- A proven ability to juggle multiple campaigns and initiatives at once
- An understanding of BDG’s audience and an entrepreneurial mindset
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, Input, Gawker, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.