Women's Lifestyle Commerce Writer
Business & Operations – Commerce /
Bustle Digital Group is seeking a remote part-time Commerce Writer (Fashion & Lifestyle) to join our growing Commerce and Affiliate Marketing team.
The Commerce team operates separately from each site’s editorial team, and Commerce articles are written to generate revenue from sales of products featured in the articles. The Commerce team covers the full range of product categories, including home, health, beauty, fashion etc. The success of an article is measured based on the affiliate revenue it earns — this means a strong candidate needs to not only be a strong writer but able to effectively communicate what makes a product worth purchasing. The ideal candidate should have three or more years of experience writing for online or print, ideally in the beauty, fashion, or lifestyle space. Previous experience with commerce or affiliate content writing is a plus. Most importantly, candidates should be knowledgeable and passionate about researching products, especially those found on Amazon.
Candidates must be able to work remotely at least two days per week, Monday through Friday, during standard business hours. Please do not apply UNLESS you have this availability.
Examples of Commerce Team Stories:
- Write assigned product roundups for BDG brands such as Bustle, Elite Daily, Romper, Nylon and The Zoe Report
- Work closely with your editor to ensure that articles are informative, conversational, and optimized for affiliate
- 3+ years of editorial or copywriting experience
- Excellent time management and organization
- Availability to work remotely 2-3 days per week during business hours, M-F (Do not apply unless you have this availability)
- Commerce or product copywriting
- Reporting and interviewing experts by email or phone
- Working remotely
BONUS if you have previous experience with:
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.