Women's Lifestyle Commerce Writer, Part-time
Revenue – Commerce /
REMOTE /REVENUE – COMMERCE /PART-TIME
Bustle Digital Group is seeking a remote part-time Commerce writer to join our growing Commerce and Affiliate Marketing team.
The Commerce team operates separately from each site’s editorial team, and Commerce articles are written to generate revenue from sales of products featured in the articles. The Commerce team covers the full range of product categories, including home, health, beauty, fashion etc. The success of an article is measured based on the affiliate revenue it earns — this means a strong candidate needs to not only be a strong writer but able to effectively communicate what makes a product worth purchasing. The ideal candidate should have three or more years of experience writing for online or print, and previous experience with commerce or affiliate content writing is a plus. Most importantly, candidates should be knowledgeable and passionate about researching products, especially those found on Amazon.
Candidates must be able to work remotely at least three days per week (and 24 hours per week), Monday through Friday, during standard business hours. Please do not apply UNLESS you have this availability.
Examples of Commerce Team Stories:
- Write assigned product roundups for BDG brands such as Bustle, Elite Daily, Romper, Nylon, Mic, and Inverse
- Work closely with your editor to ensure that articles are informative, conversational, and optimized for affiliate
- 3+ years of editorial or copywriting experience
- Excellent time management and organization
- Availability to work remotely 2-3 days per week during business hours, M-F,for 24 hours total (Do not apply unless you have this availability)
- Commerce or product copywriting
- Reporting and interviewing experts by email or phone
- Working remotely
Bonus if you have:
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 100 million readers and 105 social fans turn to our brands - Bustle, Elite Daily, NYLON, The Zoe Report, W, Fatherly, Romper, Scary Mommy, The Dad, Gawker, Input, Inverse, and Mic – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in New York City.