Lifestyle Features Editor, Bustle
New York, NY /
Editorial – Bustle /
Bustle is seeking a Lifestyle Features Editor to publish buzzy features and profiles, ideate and execute editorial packages and holiday coverage plans, and commission agenda-setting op-eds and first-person narratives.
The Lifestyle Features Editor will be responsible for recruiting and managing a team of top-tier freelancers and columnists to create juicy, clickable lifestyle content with an eye toward the underreported issues that matter to millennial women, whether it’s why people are cheating during quarantine or how they’re navigating sobriety.
The editor is a whip-smart self-starter with a broad range of interests, from sex and relationships to wellness, tech, food, travel, and politics, and has a fearless determination to find a unique, thoughtful follow-up angle — whether it’s a reported piece, first-person story, or op-ed — on breaking news. An interest in and experience with securing exclusive interviews; networking, nurturing, and maintaining strong industry contacts; and a desire to produce creative and impactful stories is a must.
- Manage year-round Lifestyle Features coverage
- Collaborate with Deputy Lifestyle Editor and other senior editors at Bustle and BDG to ideate and execute feature ideas, editorial packages, first-person pieces, op-eds, and holiday coverage
- Publish 3-5 stories per week and ~1-2 editorial packages per month
- Manage a team of freelancers and columnists
- Maintain the vertical’s edit calendar and daily/weekly lineups, ensuring Bustle’s publishing the right mix of stories at optimal times
- 3-5+ years editing or writing experience in (ideally) digital media
- Polished editing, display writing, and story packaging skills
- A collaborative spirit and comfort working across multiple verticals
- Deep understanding of best practices for search and social
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, Input, Gawker, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.