Associate Director, Sales
New York, NY
Revenue – Sales /
The Associate Director of Sales will play a key role in Bustle Digital Group’s growth. This is a unique opportunity for a strategic sales executive with deep experience and relationships in the Entertainment and Gaming space. The Associate Director of Sales will have an established client list and will also have the opportunity and expectation to develop new sales opportunities for brands that have yet to advertise with BDG. The primary responsibility of this role is to generate revenue across the current list and identify new business across the full BDG portfolio.
- Expand Bustle Digital Group’s Entertainment and Gaming relationships nationally with both agencies and client directs that would appropriate brands to partner and advertise with the BDG Portfolio.
- Prospect and develop new business accounts relevant for the BDG Portfolio.
- Identify and grow accounts in the Entertainment and Gaming space with a focus on Digital, Social, Video, Print and Experiential solutions
- Manage all phases of the sales cycle: lead generation, sourcing opportunities and RFP’s, prospecting, ideation, pitching business and optimizing campaigns with the help of the sales support team.
- Handle inbound RFP’s while proactively pitching Bustle Digital Group to the marketplace.
- Grow revenue and renewals with an active pipeline.
- Understand Entertainment and Gaming marketplace trends, innovation and competitive landscape.
- 5+ Years as a digital seller
- Established connections with Entertainment/Gaming advertisers
- High energy and enthusiasm for digital and experiential sales with a motivation to be in market on a weekly basis
- Exceptional track record of exceeding revenue targets
- Creative and consultative seller who continuously finds new opportunities to sell through
- Experience in building and understanding digital and experiential media plans is required
- An entrepreneurial spirit, tenacious drive, and enthusiastic attitude
- Superior organization, prioritization, and presentation skills
- Attention to detail is a must
- Proven ability to be highly accountable for a book of business and day-to-day sales best practices, good follow-up and follow through (cold calling, prospecting, market share reporting, call activity, sharing information with appropriate internal stakeholders, etc)
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and demonstrated experience in presenting to groups
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote, along with sales CRM tools
$130,000 - $140,000 a year
BDG is one of today’s leading global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture through its authentic and trusted storytelling. Audiences turn to our brands – Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the interests engaging the next generation. Founded in 2013, the Company reaches over 223 million readers and social fans and serves hundreds of the world's largest advertisers. BDG has global offices in New York, Los Angeles, Miami, London, and Paris.