Commerce Beauty Writer, Part-time
Revenue – Commerce /
Bustle Digital Group is seeking a part-time, remote Commerce Beauty Writer to join our growing Commerce and Affiliate Marketing team.
The Commerce team operates separately from each site’s editorial team, and Commerce articles are written to generate revenue from sales of products featured in the articles. The success of an article is measured based on the affiliate revenue it earns — this means a strong candidate needs to not only be a strong writer but also able to effectively communicate what makes a product worth purchasing.
The writer will work under Bustle’s Beauty Commerce Editor to produce shoppable articles about beauty products that readers will love, whether it’s a list of the best Korean beauty products or a roundup of the best hair dryers for fine hair. The ideal candidate should have three or more years of experience writing for online or print in the beauty space and should be able to speak with authority on everything from skin care products to hair tools. Previous experience with commerce or affiliate content writing, reporting, and SEO is a plus. Most importantly, candidates should be knowledgeable and passionate about researching beauty products and interviewing experts, including dermatologists and professional makeup artists. Accordingly, having a wide network of contacts in the beauty PR and celebrity hair and makeup fields will be an asset.
Candidates must be able to work remotely at least two days per week, Monday through Friday, during standard business hours. Please do not apply UNLESS you have this availability.
Examples of Beauty Commerce stories:
- Write assigned shopping guides and product roundups for BDG brands such as Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, Romper, and The Zoe Report
- Conduct in-depth research about beauty products for assigned articles
- Interview professionals working in the dermatology, hair, nail, and makeup industries
- Work closely with your editor to ensure that articles are informative, conversational, and optimized for affiliate
- Availability to work remotely 2-4 full days per week during business hours, M-F (Do not apply unless you have this availability)
- 3+ years of editorial experience in beauty, wellness, or similar
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- BONUS if you have previous experience with: commerce or product copywriting, working remotely, and interviewing experts by email or phone
BDG is one of today’s leading global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture through its authentic and trusted storytelling. Audiences turn to our brands – Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, Gawker, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the interests engaging the next generation. Founded in 2013, the Company reaches over 223 million readers and social fans and serves hundreds of the world's largest advertisers. BDG has global offices in New York, Los Angeles, Miami, London, and Paris.