Fashion & Beauty Writer, Elite Daily
Editorial – Elite Daily /
Elite Daily is seeking a remote, part-time writer to cover fashion- and beauty-specific service, experiments, trend reports, and more for its Style vertical. Candidates must have availability to work two to three days per week during business hours.
When it comes to style and beauty, Elite Daily readers are experimental shoppers and consumers eager to uncover all there is to know about the trends of the moment, so interested applicants should be, too. We're looking for writers who are willing to quickly and thoroughly cover fashion and beauty service topics; in-depth, seasonal trend reports; robust fashion and beauty market stories; and expert-driven fashion and beauty interviews. Writers should also be eager to test out the latest, greatest, and sometimes totally absurd products and write up contextual product reviews with original photos. The ideal candidate should be an experienced writer with a clear voice who is up to date on the hottest fashion-and-beauty topics. Bonus points if you follow celebrities’ every fashion and beauty move on social media, and if you’re not only one to know, but already own, the next viral product of the season.
Candidates should have ready-to-share, published writing clips (personal blogs count!) and experience working in a fast-paced, digital environment. In your cover letter, please tell us your favorite fashion and beauty topics to cover, as well as your favorite sources for fashion and beauty news and service information. Interested applicants should be writers who approach style from a body-positive, confident, unique, diverse, and inclusive point of view.
This is a remote, part-time position.
- 1-3 years of fashion and/or beauty writing experience, preferably in the digital realm (experience with headline writing is a plus)
- Ability to write pristine, thorough copy with a quick turnaround time
- An established portfolio of published clips
- Eagerness to source a breadth of expert insight to bolster a story
- A growing roster of fashion and beauty industry contacts
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Available to work remotely at least 2 days per week
- Sweep the internet and social media for trending fashion and beauty stories
- Maintain a healthy list of fashion and beauty contacts for stories, including brand representatives and industry experts
- Pitch article ideas with unique angles and headlines
- Balance a combination of assigned stories and original pitches
- Write and submit at least 3 stories per day
- Attend industry events as needed
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, Input, Gawker, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.