Director of Sales, Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA /
Business & Operations – Sales & Marketing /
We are currently seeking a Director of Sales who will play a key role in Bustle Digital Group’s growth. This is a unique opportunity for a strategic sales executive with deep experience and relationships in the Automotive, Fashion, QSR, Gaming and Food categories.
The Director of Sales will have an established client list and will also have the opportunity and expectation to develop new sales opportunities for brands that have yet to advertise with BDG. The primary responsibility of this role is to build and expand the current list and identify new business across the full BDG portfolio.
- Expand Bustle Digital Group’s relationships across the West Coast with both agencies and client direct that would encourage appropriate brands to partner and advertise with the BDG Portfolio.
- Prospect and develop new business accounts relevant for the BDG Portfolio.
- Identify and grow accounts in the Automotive, Fashion, QSR, Gaming and Food categories.
- Leverage Bustle Digital Group’s full portfolio to up-sell and cross-sell new opportunities to assigned category accounts.
- Manage all phases of the sales cycle: lead generation, sourcing opportunities and RFP’s, prospecting, ideation, pitching business and optimizing campaigns with the help of the sales support team.
- Handle inbound RFP’s while proactively pitching Bustle Digital Group to the marketplace.
- Grow revenue and renewals with an active pipeline.
- Understand marketplace trends, innovation and competitive landscape.
- 8+ Years as a digital seller
- Deep connections with Automotive, Fashion, QSR, Gaming and Food advertisers
- High energy and enthusiasm for digital sales
- Exceptional track record of exceeding revenue targets
- Creative and consultative seller who continuously finds new opportunities to sell through
- Established relationships with brands and agencies, specifically within Automotive, Fashion, QSR, Gaming and Food
- Experience in building and understanding digital media plans is required
- An entrepreneurial spirit, tenacious drive, and enthusiastic attitude
- Superior organization, prioritization, and presentation skills
- Attention to detail is a must
- Proven ability to be highly accountable for a book of business and day-to-day sales best practices, good follow-up and follow through (cold calling, prospecting, market share reporting, call activity, sharing information with appropriate internal stakeholders, etc)
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and demonstrated experience in presenting to groups
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote, along with sales CRM tools
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.