Commerce Assistant, BDG
Revenue – Commerce /
Bustle Digital Group is seeking a part-time Commerce Assistant to assist our Commerce and Affiliate Marketing team. The team consists of editors and business strategists who create well-researched articles about products for all of BDG’s sites.
These articles, and the Commerce team broadly, operate separately from each site’s editorial team, and Commerce articles are written with the goal of generating revenue from sales of products featured in the articles. The Commerce team covers the full range of product categories, including home, health, tech, beauty, etc. This is a great role for anyone interested in the intersection of marketing and editorial content, and who has a passion for shopping and products.
The role requires flexibility, creativity, drive, and an entrepreneurial spirit. This is a great role for anyone interested in the intersection of marketing and editorial content and a passion for shopping and products.
This remote position requires at least 3-4 full days per week during standard business hours.
This role is part-time (less than 28 hours a week) and is not an editorial position. Please do not apply if you are interested in a full-time role or a writing or editing position.
- Identify the best affiliate products to include in articles and add affiliate product links to content
- Use Google Analytics and other analytics tools to identify existing content in which to add affiliate product links
- Coordinate with relevant editors and writers as needed
- Reference analytics to monitor performance and inform strategy
- Research products to feature in BDG articles by studying popular products and new product trends
- Assist in testing optimal affiliate strategies across various social media platforms
- Prior internship or employment experience, ideally in the fields of business, marketing, advertising, analytics, e-commerce, or related
- Recent grads are encouraged to apply
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Comfortable using spreadsheets and basic data analysis programs
- Available 28 hours a week (ideally across four days, but can be flexible)
- Hourly Rate: $18 - $19/hr
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 100 million readers and 105 social fans turn to our brands - Bustle, Elite Daily, NYLON, The Zoe Report, W, Fatherly, Romper, Scary Mommy, The Dad, Gawker, Input, Inverse, and Mic – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in New York City.