Email and SMS Strategist
Mobilization & Digital – Grassroots Fundraising /
Overview: The Biden for President campaign is looking to hire an Email and SMS Strategist to support the largest and most active grassroots mobilization program in Democratic politics. You will be responsible for ideating, writing, and producing email and SMS campaigns to recruit grassroots support and generate contributions for the campaign.
- Write direct response and grassroots fundraising copy that inspires supporters to take action via email and SMS.
- Produce email and SMS campaigns to be sent to grassroots supporters, focusing on accuracy in copy and targeting.
- Innovate and implement advanced personalization and targeting, while ensuring the highest standard of quality.
- Propose ideas for testing, optimization, and reactivation campaigns.
- Produce clean, professional user experiences on tight timelines, with coordination across our design and data teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- You have 1-2 years of experience in online fundraising for an electoral campaign, advocacy organization, or non-profit.
- You have production experience in a CRM or mass email system (e.g. Action Network, ActionKit, NGP).
- You have excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- You’re able to work quickly and efficiently in high-pressure situations.
- You are willing to relocate to the Wilmington, Delaware area.
Additional Useful Skills & Qualifications:
- An email or direct marketing program for an electoral campaign, advocacy organization, or non-profit organization.
$65,000 - $85,000 a year
Biden for President requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the campaign's COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR Department prior to reporting to an office location.
Biden for President is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The campaign is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The campaign is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. The campaign will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
All information provided to Biden for President must be accurate and truthful. In the event that any information on your resume or related materials are found to be untruthful, the campaign reserves the right to disregard applications or take immediate disciplinary action, up to and including termination, and also reserves the right to take legal action for related damages.
Accessibility Note: We invite all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you require any accommodation in the application process, you may request a reasonable accommodation.
Biden for President believes in the importance of privacy for all individuals and is committed to handling personal data responsibly and securely . This means being thoughtful about the data you share with us, how we use it, and how we protect it.