Director of Marketing Technology & Data | Remote
Beacon, New York /
Marketing Technology & Data – Automation /
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing digital agency in a leadership position for a critical practice area of Marketing Technology & Data. Beacon Digital Marketing is looking for someone who thrives in flexible environments, can manage projects and deliverables, and is interested in pitching in to establish a fun company culture and shape the growth of our Marketing Technology & Data services.
Our clients are primarily sophisticated B2B companies offering complex services and products to senior leaders in enterprise companies, including cyber security, fintech, human resource solutions, and technical software platforms. Therefore our team members must be comfortable interacting with C-level executives and speaking and writing to an educated corporate buyer.
The Director/Sr. Director of Marketing Technology & Data will act in several capacities to represent Beacon Digital Marketing:
- Define service packaging and delivery processes. Understand the competitive landscape of martech services, our differentiators, and craft processes that help us deliver consistent, high quality results for our clients. Evaluate current programs, and recommend changes on an ongoing basis. A 2023 goal for this role is to assess overall reporting capabilities and tools, and create a plan to up-level our ability to deliver actionable insights that drive revenue.
- Manage and build a team. Oversee a group of high-performing, specialized full-time and freelance talent in marketing technology, data analytics, and related areas. Continually evaluate team skills sets, encourage and mentor growth, and identify new partners and freelancers to fill gaps.
- Develop new business. Partner with the CEO and Sales team to scope Marketing Technology & Data engagements, advising prospects on our capabilities. Work with the Account Services team to scope add-on engagements for existing clients when Marketing Technology & Data services are needed.
- Lead martech client engagements. Act as the senior-most subject matter expert (SME) at the company for all CRM and martech deliverables, responsible for tasks related to HubSpot software and campaign setup, and where appropriate, other martech tools. Often our clients require a consultative approach, assisting them to define their tech stack, and analyzing their current processes and organization. Executing projects involve organizing, planning, executing and reviewing team tasks in HubSpot, ActiveCampaign, MailChimp, Marketo, and Pardot. Some tasks may involve troubleshooting existing implementations, including updating property settings, and syncing with Salesforce and Pipedrive CRM data, and integrations with a variety of martech tools.
- Lead campaign reporting & data analysis deliverables. We deliver weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting and insights to our clients, at different intervals and depths depending on the client scope. In your capacity as head of Marketing Technology & Data, you’ll oversee the delivery of these reports each month, with the assistance of a team, and evaluate the tools we use, the way we deliver data, and drive continuous improvements in our delivery of marketing and sales analytics.
- Create thought leadership. As a senior leader in our company, you’ll be responsible for contributing to our reputation as a thought leader in marketing technology and marketing data analysis. This could take the form of writing for our blog, contributions to Linkedin, appearing on podcasts or guest posting on popular forums. Our marketing and sales team will provide ample support to help elevate and promote your ideas and contributions to the industry.
- BS/MS degree in marketing or a related field
- 8+ years of experience in digital marketing, preferably in an agency setting, or a combination of in-house and agency experience
- Experience with email marketing technologies and best practices, such as Hubspot, Pardot, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Marketo, Eloqua, and integrations with Pipedrive, Salesforce and other CRM tools. Mastery of HubSpot and at least one of these tools is required; Mastery of all is not expected to start, but you will quickly need to become certified across a few platforms!
- Highly consultative with experience in identifying technology requirements and devising tools and integrations that help clients achieve their goals
- Experience in measuring marketing campaigns across a variety of systems and channels, preferable using tools like Tableau, Looker Studio, Salesforce Reports, PowerBI, Google Analytics, or similar technologies
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments in Marketing Automation tools
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Email Nurture tracks and Lead funnels
- Ability to build custom reports and dashboards in HubSpot and Salesforce that communicate results for ABM Campaigns and Lead Generation funnels
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking; Ability to extrapolate the “so what” from the data you’re evaluating
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Family Leave
- Tax Advantaged Savings Accounts
- Option to work remotely from your own space, or in a beautiful, modern office in scenic Beacon, NY.
- Work with a small (but growing), creative, and hard-working team of marketing professionals.
- Professional Development Opportunities and paid membership to communities like Pavilion.
- A fun, supportive team based in the Hudson Valley with a strong and growing client base around the globe
$90,000 - $150,000 a year
We’re in the Happiness Business
That's why everyone on the team has a voice at the table. We're working together to build a great workplace with supportive colleagues, and opportunities for advancement and leadership.
Companies shaping the future of business rely on Beacon Digital to build the marketing foundation they need to grow. Beacon Digital is the agency for trailblazers in fintech, cyber security, healthtech, edtech, and B2B SaaS.
Drawing on decades of collective experience working with top global brands across a variety of industries, we deliver measurable results through integrated digital campaigns; website design and development; multimedia content production, marketing automation and CRM optimizations, and creative branding.
Learn more about us at http://beacondigitalmarketing.com/.
Everyone belongs at Beacon
We welcome those from all walks of life, across race, gender, sex, age, religion, identity, education, disability, and citizenship or veteran status.
The path to more diverse representation in marketing and within our company does not end with a statement. In fact, a statement is where it begins. Our greatest strengths will always be our differences, pushing us to reach global audiences and to challenge the status quo.
We promise to keep listening, keep learning, and keep paying attention to ensure that we are building a culture in which all voices are included and heard.
Apply Now: Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter. No agencies, please.