Head of Business Operations
NEW YORK / LONDON / SINGAPORE / REMOTE /
Bebop is a decentralized trading platform that aims to deliver a step-change user experience to trading on DeFi.
We believe that DeFi is the future of finance facilitating true innovation, economic freedom and ability to create the best financial products. At Bebop, we are on a mission to make superior trading products with efficient execution available to anyone. This means that we will only offer products and features that make sense. We will be driven by the best practices of user experience with user-centric design at the heart of everything we do, making products fun and easy to use. And we will work relentlessly and leverage our deepest expertise to bring the most efficient execution with transparent fees.
Bebop was born and incubated at Wintermute, one of the largest trading companies in crypto and a leading liquidity powerhouse in DeFi.
Working for Bebop
Head of Business Operations will be responsible for growing the protocol from 0 to 1, to become one of the largest protocols in its vertical. You will be responsible for setting up and scaling all major business aspects of the business and closely working with the rest of the star team to deliver a super ambitious and exciting roadmap. . We are looking for an experienced operator who is able to quickly and reliably act on all of the initiatives, set up related processes and scale operations. The role can expand based on the candidate's experience and ambition - there is no limit set by the company! You should have the ability to do anything yourself and hire a team to support if and when required.
Some key responsibilities and projects are described below:
- Drive the execution of strategic objectives: work closely with senior management to define objectives and drive the execution of related work streams across all key operations function and beyond
- Build functional teams: help build high performance team across technology, operations (finance, support), product, marketing & community
- Business structuring and tokenomics: work with internal and external legal, tax, compliance and secretarial service advisers to solve or optimize a wide range of processes; do own research and problem solving
- Set up operations: set up banking and financial operations, work closely with different teams to identify and implement necessary processes
- Set up recruitment efforts: drive all recruitment strategy for the protocol, set up recruitment function and ability to hire remote teams
- Drive go-to-market: Work closely with product and marketing to tailor the product for specific target audiences and geographies and establish relevant presence
- “Office” operations: office tools and processes, employment agreements, compensation and incentivization of employees, arrangement of remote and in-person work
- We are looking for two profiles: 1) An experienced operator or an entrepreneur, from a high functioning DeFi protocol or other crypto native company, or 2) An experienced manager from a high-performance environment, such as management consulting, investment banking, VC-backed startup, etc.
- Excellent problem solving skills - you do not rely on advisors, specialists or “other departments”, you are able to think from first principles and figure out how to do anything; we will test
- Excellent organizational skills - you are known for good planning, keeping track of all things big and small, making sure nothing falls between the cracks and you can be relied on to hit the deadlines; Bias to action - driven by seeing results and getting things done, very hands-on, proactive and practical
- Strong communication skills - be able to communicate clearly, concisely and listen well, keep everyone informed at all levels
- Ability and interest to learn about new technologies and concepts fast, both on conceptual (e.g. how DeFi protocols work) and hands-on (how to use automation tools) levels
- Culture alignment: owner mentality, healthy level of ambition and hunger, willing to work hard incl non-standard hours, prepared to take calculated risk and have some “skin in the game” typical of early startup employees
- BSc/MSc degree in business or quantitative fields; MBA or a strong accelerator program (Y Combinator, etc) would be an advantage
- Fluent English
- A unique opportunity to work on a startup from zero to one with all the impact of early employees, while having a reliable backing (financial, technological and business expertise) from one of the industry’s top players
- An amazing culture, defined as ambitious, knowledgeable and fun
- Work flexibility: while we have location preferences for our hubs (New York, London, Singapore, Sydney), we are open to remote candidates globally