Talent and Culture Lead
Palo Alto, CA /
Our mission: Make meetings better, for everybody
At Bizly, we want to turn meetings into the amazing sources of productivity, connection, and happiness they were meant to be. Our robust meeting-building platform gives organizations everything they need to plan and run gatherings to actually accomplish that. Now we need you.
We’re hiring our Talent and Culture Lead
We’re welcoming more humans to our leadership team to grow our capabilities, reach, and impact—and to change the fate of meetings forever. This role is the first of its kind at Bizly, designed for an experienced leader who has expertise in sourcing and hiring top talent in product, engineering, and business roles; as well as has implemented operational processes to keep everyone performing at their best and aligned to the mission of the Company.
The ideal candidate is highly tactical and data-oriented around sourcing candidates through a combination of lead generation sources and leveraging company networks, and as a track record of culture-building at fast growth technology companies.
Your job every morning when you wake up is to help us source the best talent imaginable, helping us punch far above our weight. Second, it’s to support our other Company leaders with establishing best practices for hiring their own roles, assisting them with holding their teams accountable, and nurturing individual team cultures while connecting them back to the Company mission. You are a believer that we bring our “whole selves” to work each day and you are passionate about unlocking everyone’s potential with a holistic approach.
We need someone to
- Own the tactical sourcing, vetting, interview, and negotiation/hiring process
- Develop novel processes and tools for sourcing candidates including use of both digital and personal tactics
- Holding recruiting accountable to both qualitative and quantitative measures
- Establish our own “best-in-class” benchmarks in the SaaS category
- Create a world-class culture
- Own, operationalize, and strengthen the Company culture
- Develop and implement a thoughtful approach to culture
- Unlock the potential of our talent
- Develop and implement performance management for talent; creating an internal dashboard for the leadership team and board of directors
- Implement a “holistic approach” to talent management, cultivating our talent through training, education, coaching, mentoring, and other techniques as relevant for each role/department
- Experiment with tactics and strategies, playing at the cutting edge of the latest research in talent management
What you can bring to Bizly
- 6+ years of experience in operations, HR, recruiting, or talent management
- You must have deep SaaS expertise, particularly in VC-backed companies with user-facing applications
- The ability to teach the CEO and all Bizly leaders about recruiting best practices
- The ability to leverage the relationship networks of the Bizly team and investors to accrue benefits to the organization
- A tactical “roll up the sleeves” approach to the work, being able to work independently to create results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
You’re the kind of person who
- Is a SaaS specialist who keeps on top of all the latest innovations, trends, news, and happenings in the SaaS (and preferably productivity SaaS) space
- Is an excellent storyteller who uses an objective data-oriented approach to influence
- Is passionate about technology and improving a problem faced by millions
- Knows what it takes to win in a startup environment
Inclusivity is central to our company, product, and mission. If you’re passionate, dedicated, and unafraid to change the status quo, we encourage you to apply, even if your experience isn’t an exact fit. At Bizly you’ll have the opportunity to grow, space to be yourself, and ownership over your success, not to mention a few perks. It’s an exciting time to get in early and make an impact. Show us what you got!
Psst: We are based in the Bay Area but are fully remote-friendly for this and all roles