New York City /
Our mission: Make meetings better, for everybody
At Bizly, we want to turn meetings into the amazing sources of productivity, connection, and happiness they were meant to be. Our robust meeting-building platform gives organizations everything they need to plan and run gatherings to actually accomplish that. Now we need you.
We’re hiring a Backend Engineer
To grow our capabilities, reach, and impact—and to change the fate of meetings forever—we’re welcoming more humans to our engineering team. This role will help us upgrade our backend architecture, develop best-in-class APIs, and bring to life a user-facing reporting dashboard.
We need someone to
- Solve product and reporting problems and build backend experiences that help people improve every meeting of their professional lives (yes, every meeting)
- Understand our user’s meetings and how they are performing—and then figure out how to improve them
- Raise the bar on Bizly’s architecture and API quality
- Support and elevate our engineering team with your passion for building great products
- 5+ years of backend or fullstack experience building web applications
- Experience developing with Python, Node, or PHP OR confident in their ability to pick them up quickly
- Excited to work in an early-stage environment, collaborating with the design and product org, and working on different projects using different technologies
What you can bring to Bizly
- 5+ years of development experience
- The ability to write high-quality code
- Experience with various coding languages; working in Node and Laravel is a plus, but overall skill matters more than certain languages or frameworks (we’ll teach you)
- Prior experience working at an early-stage startup
- Experience with TypeScript, PostgreSQL, or AWS/DevOps technologies
- Experience working with data visualizations & reporting or with AI/ML
- Excited to potentially take on a leadership role as the company grows
You’re the kind of person who
- Thrives in a collaborative, fast-moving, startup environment
- Are interested in understanding Bizly’s data opportunities and using ML/AI to improve workplaces and the lives of user
Inclusivity is central to our company, product, and mission. If you’re passionate, dedicated, and unafraid to change the status quo, we encourage you to apply, even if your experience isn’t an exact fit. At Bizly you’ll have the opportunity to grow, space to be yourself, and ownership over your success, not to mention a few perks. It’s an exciting time to get in early and make an impact following our 10x ARR growth over the past year. Show us what you got!
Psst: We’re headquartered in NYC but are fully remote-friendly.