Palo Alto, CA /
Our mission: Make meetings better, for everybody
At Bizly, we want to turn meetings into the amazing sources of productivity, connection, and happiness they were meant to be. Our robust meeting-building platform gives organizations everything they need to plan and run gatherings to actually accomplish that. Now we need you.
We’re hiring our Product Manager
We’re welcoming more humans to our leadership team to grow our capabilities, reach, and impact—and to change the fate of meetings forever. This role is the first of its kind at Bizly, designed for a talented product manager who is passionate about building an end-user-focused application that solves a deep pain faced by millions of people every day.
The ideal candidate is “no ego amigo” -- someone who checks their ego at the door and is committed to finding the best solutions for the company. We are looking for someone who has the keen ability to rally the team and ship products faster than what most people feel is possible. The ideal candidate thrives down in the trenches with users and customers, utilizes data to guide the way on iterations, and has a strong growth and revenue mindset. We are looking for a product leader who wants to serve millions of users.
Your job every morning when you wake up is to help us ship product that solves real pain for our users, makes our customer’s workplaces happier and more productive, and ship product much faster than most think is possible. Second, it’s to support our other Company leaders with driving a clear strategy and thesis around the product that drives growth, revenue, and helps us attract the best product talent. We want to build a product department in which the team members truly care about the mission and about each other.
We need someone to
- Drive product strategy
- Fully map out and drive the product strategy considering the needs of users, customers, and the business
- Consider all the opportunities, interdependencies, need areas, challenges and develop thoughtful solutions
- Actively engage with peers and thought leaders to identify innovative approaches that should be considered
- Benchmark product excellence as a best-in-class product in the productivity SaaS category
- Ship great product and features
- Own backlog grooming, prioritization, and sprints working in collaboration with engineering
- Expertise in resource management, optimizing available resources, and professionally articulating ROI of new investments
- Drive a truly data-centric approach to product iterations, working with product data as well as user interviews, A/B tests and other web analytics platforms
- Utilize best practices in user research principles and tools
- Continuously identify opportunities to reduce waste, focus on what’s most important, and ship products faster than most think is possible
- Build a great product team culture
- Work closely with other departments and ensure full cross-department alignment
- Be actively engaged in the talent sourcing, vetting, and hiring process
- Create a culture of caring, thoughtfulness, and speed in the product department
- Own communications about the product both internally and externally
What you can bring to Bizly
- 6+ years of experience in product management
- Very strong market awareness and knowledge of cutting edge approaches, trends, technologies, and ‘the culture’ of the best-in-class use-facing product companies
- Expertise in enterprise SaaS
- Foundational experience and strength in core Product, UX, analytics competencies, and project management
- Strong knowledge of transactional, conversion-oriented experiences across either direct to consumer, or business to business
- Experience with digital products and visual design projects and can speak to both successful and unsuccessful experiences
- Has conducted A/B tests (ex: Optimizely, Adobe target, Saleforce Marketing Cloud or Interaction Studio), and experience with one or more web analytics platforms.
- Expertise in user research principles and tools (i.e. UserTesting, FullStory, Respondent, Wevo etc.), with the ability to build studies, execute, and turn qualitative insights into actionable plans
- Prepared to improvise and problem solution on the spot with difficult, atypical problems
- The ability to communicate your vision, strategy, and the reason behind your decisions both internally and externally
- The ability to work both strategically and tactically
- A tactical “roll up the sleeves” approach to the work, being able to work independently and be resourceful when there isn’t a full-time or in-house resource for the need
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
You’re the kind of person who
- Is “no ego, amigo” -- checks the ego at the door and is dedicated to finding the best solutions
- Is an excellent storyteller who uses an objective data-oriented approach to influence others
- Is passionate about technology and improving a problem faced by millions
- Knows what it takes to win in a startup environment
Inclusivity is central to our company, product, and mission. If you’re passionate, dedicated, and unafraid to change the status quo, we encourage you to apply, even if your experience isn’t an exact fit. At Bizly you’ll have the opportunity to grow, space to be yourself, and ownership over your success, not to mention a few perks. It’s an exciting time to get in early and make an impact. Show us what you got!
Psst: We are based in the Bay Area but are fully remote-friendly for this and all roles