Director of Software Engineering
BlackCloak’s mission is to protect corporate executives and high-profile individuals in their personal lives, mitigating risks to their families, companies, reputation, and finances. We defend our clients’ digital lives from hackers, privacy leaks, and identity theft. If you are passionate about helping to protect others, then keep reading - this may be your next great opportunity.
As Director of Software Engineering, you will lead, manage, mentor, and build exceptional software engineering teams to deliver game changing technologies. The Director of Engineering must have the ability to attract and recruit the industry’s best talent, and simultaneously have the technical chops to ensure that we build compelling, customer focused solutions with an iterative methodology. You will own the software development process and direct the work of the software development team to ensure best practices. This role will be responsible for developing the careers of the software development team and ensure they are continually focused, challenged and learning
As a candidate for this role, you’re able to seamlessly switch from diving deep into technology with engineers to participating in high-level, strategic discussions. You are a naturally curious technologist and stay on top of emerging trends, including hands-on prototyping of technologies. You are not afraid to question any existing processes and solutions, yet you display a keen sense of business value proposition and focus on the right priorities.
The engineering team builds full-stack solutions across a range of established and emerging technologies and techniques according to the needs of our clients including
- Front end applications targeting native mobile and modern web platforms. Examples include React, Angular and Vue
- APIs and back end services built using emerging frameworks and architectural patterns. Examples include Node, Typescript, and .Net
- Hosting and application services provided by industry leading cloud providers. Examples include AWS and GCP
- Operational efficiencies leveraging modern ecosystems and automated build and deployment pipelines
What You Will Do
- Work with cross-functional partners and the leadership team to establish objectives and execute on all major product development initiatives
- In partnership with the CTO and cross-functional partners, establish Software Development plans and schedules ensuring alignment with the company's strategic objectives
- Direct and oversee the software engineering function for all software properties and customer facing assets, including managing the software engineering sprint cycles
- Lead, mentor, and grow a team of talented software engineers, promoting a culture of rapid innovation, continuous improvement and efficiency
- Champion the adoption of best practices, emerging technologies, and innovative solutions to ensure product excellence and competitive advantage
- Identify potential risks in software design and implementation and establish mitigation strategies
- Drive the implementation of robust security and privacy measures within mobile apps, ensuring the protection of customer data and maintaining compliance with relevant regulations
What You Need to be Successful
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in software engineering, with at least 3 years in a leadership role
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team
- Expert knowledge of Cloud Software Development and concepts
- Experience in iOS/Android app development using the latest frameworks for consumer fronted connected devices
- Familiarity with .NET, DevOps, and database technologies, patterns, and architectures
- Ensure apps are simple and work as intended as opposed to complex technology for technology's sake
- Focus on software development that can deliver reliable, consistent, scalable, repeatable experiences that delight consumers and deliver on the marketing story and roadmap
- Consistently measure and consider customer perspectives in developing and managing apps and software
- Help build a culture of strong testing where there is an extreme focus on quality and robustness leading to full testing engagement in scalable and relevant proportions across the development cycle
- Experience with Agile Software Development Lifecycle
- Ambitious and resourceful; results oriented; highly innovative. Focused on business value creation through innovation
- Highly analytical, data-driven mindset; holds self and others accountable with measurable ROI-oriented KPIs
BlackCloak is an extremely fast-growing company in an entirely new product category. We have amazing product fit validated by industry awards and an impressive client base of Fortune 500 companies across all industries.
BlackCloak offers a competitive salary, exceptional benefits, and a dynamic work environment.
BlackCloak is headquartered in Orlando, Florida and has a remote workforce throughout the U.S.
Benefits for Full-Time Employees
100% Paid Employee Medical Insurance Premium
PTO and Sick Leave
Multiple off-site events throughout the year
In-home office stipend
Learn More about Us
White Paper: https://bc.blackcloak.io/quantifying-the-business-need-for-digital-executive-protection-report-download