Software Engineer (Backend)
Blep is the fastest growing, leading blockchain intelligence platform, making alternative data accessible to humans, AI, and everyone in between. We focus on real time blockchain and blockchain-adjacent data, and offer a library of over 50,000 real time streams of raw metrics and insights. Our consumer beta is available at https://analytics.blep.ai.
Blep is a small but ambitious team consisting of builders, researchers, and adventurers with extensive experience both in and out of the blockchain industry. Our team is fully decentralized and we plan to have a global presence.
We are looking for a backend engineer to assist with scaling up Blep. You will be contributing directly to the development of new features, architecture, and data streams.
You will have a chance to develop professionally and personally while working on disruptive solutions in a new trillion dollar industry.
Prior blockchain knowledge is not required. There is no geographic requirement.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop low latency programs
- Collaborate with engineering team to design and write common libraries for data cleaning, processing, and transacting
- API design
- Utilize testing to ensure reliable software
- Develop, deploy, maintain, and optimize data models, pipelines, ETL jobs and visualizations
- Troubleshoot technical issues with platforms, performance, data discrepancies, alerts etc.
- Perform ad hoc analysis, insight requests, and data extractions to resolve critical business and infrastructure issues
- 1-3 years of experience as a software engineer working on backend systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field strongly preferred
- Golang, Rust, C, or C++ (or an understanding of memory, pointers, and concurrency)
- High level of interest in blockchain/decentralized technology
- Experience with Linux/OSX command line, version control software (git), and general software development is a plus
- Self-learner, as there are updates in the blockchain industry every day
- Familiarity data modeling concepts and implementation
- Experience with data pipelines
- Time series databases
- Ethereum / EVM / Solidity
- Advanced SQL
- Interest in cryptocurrency industry: Consensus models, token economics, etc
- Trading experience
- A Github with code samples!
At Blep, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)blep.ai. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.