Director of Sales
New York, NY
Sales & Business Development /
BlocPower is a clean energy leader creating smarter, greener, healthier buildings for all by reducing the barriers to money-saving, quality-of-life-improving green building upgrade. We provide engineering, financing and project implementation services for our clients, with a special focus in historically left out communities across the country. These communities, and their buildings, are underserved by traditional energy services companies because they are considered too small, too costly, or too risky. Our portfolio of projects include houses of worship, schools, non-profits, small businesses and multifamily buildings. Through our work, we save our clients money, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, improve health and create local employment opportunities.
At BlocPower, we value our mission. We are trusted advisors that get things done for our customers by using data to make the right decisions. We support and expect excellence from our team members. We treat both our customers and ourselves with care and respect.
As our work is centered around systematically disenfranchised communities – including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people – we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
- Promote and close electrification and energy efficiency projects with an emphasis on multifamily and commercial building owners with multiple building portfolios.
- Provide experience in any number of our current key segments including types of buildings (i.e., multifamily communities, co-ops, house of worship, non-profits, schools, condos, hotels as well as affordable and low-income housing and senior housing.
- Bring your own “Book of Business” with existing and trusted executive relationships (who are decision makers) that allow you to quickly build a very healthy pipeline and go-to-market strategy. This includes adding net new top-of-the-funnel prospects to driving them through each sales stage to closure.
- Strong sales methodologies including the Challenger Sales approach.
- Strong building science, technical experience, and knowledge of various electrification and energy efficiency strategies including HVAC, electrical, thermal envelope, and renewables. Specific equipment knowledge can include air-source heat pumps, water heaters, solar, insulation, lighting, EV charging, etc.
- Great communication skills to foster relationships with prospective clients.
- Collaborate with business development teammates and CRO to continuously improve strategies to close projects.
- Use CRM and other software automation technology on an ongoing basis to make your account management more efficient/effective. These include Salesforce, HubSpot, Outreach, Reonomy, etc.
- Participate in site visits with engineering team when needed.
- Proactive collaboration with other internal teams including marketing, product, finance, operations, and senior management.
- Understand how to compete with potential competitive offerings as well as overcome obstacles.
- Develop and enhance relationships with equipment manufacturers and contractors.
- 5-7 years sales experience in a B2B/B2C environment (preferably to building owners, homeowners, contractors, and property managers) with documented track record of success.
- 3-5 years’ experience selling HVAC, lighting, and other energy conservation measures (ECM’s).
- 3-5 years’ sales experience with decarbonization/sustainability for multifamily and small commercial markets.
- Solid understanding of financing and structuring a deal
- Experience selling to co-op/ condo boards.
- Ability to communicate and present complex concepts to diverse audiences in a clear, concise, organized, and convincing manner.
- Well-developed people skills, maturity, credibility, confidence, and integrity.
- Strong time-management skills and experience managing multiple priorities at once.
$130,000 - $175,000 a year
This job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities may change without notice.
BlocPower™ provides equal employment opportunities(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BlocPower™ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
BlocPower™ expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of BlocPower™ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.