Senior Financial Analyst (New York, NY)
New York, NY
BlocPower is a clean energy leader creating smarter, greener, healthier buildings for all by reducing the barriers to money-saving, quality-of-life-improving green building upgrade. We provide engineering, financing and project implementation services for our clients, with a special focus in historically left out communities across the country. These communities, and their buildings, are underserved by traditional energy services companies because they are considered too small, too costly, or too risky. Our portfolio of projects include houses of worship, schools, non-profits, small businesses and multifamily buildings. Through our work, we save our clients money, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, improve health and create local employment opportunities.
At BlocPower, we value our mission. We are trusted advisors that get things done for our customers by using data to make the right decisions. We support and expect excellence from our team members. We treat both our customers and ourselves with care and respect.
As our work is centered around systematically disenfranchised communities – including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people – we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
- Work directly with clients and business development team to address financing
- Gather financial statements and other credit materials from clients;
- Perform credit underwriting according to company procedures;
- Adjust financing deal terms for clients including pricing and risk mitigation as
- Compile quarterly funds-transfer requests to pull revenue from secured bank
- accounts based on project performance and expenses;
- Support Head of Finance and VP of Finance in structuring/negotiation of new
- project finance programs with capital providers;
- Perform ad-hoc modeling of a) potential transactions with capital ·providers, b)
- Give feedback on underwriting needs to advance the development of internal
profit, loss, and corporate financials, c) resolution of distressed assets ,d) other needs as the situation warrants;
- Bachelor's Professional Degree in Finance or Accounting; 12-month experience in Financial Analyst or Accountant.
$73,778 - $75,000 a year
This job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities may change without notice.
BlocPower™ provides equal employment opportunities(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BlocPower™ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
BlocPower™ expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of BlocPower™ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.