Fleet Advisor - SeaTac
Seattle, WA /
Boom & Bucket
A lot of people say that they're "revolutionizing an industry," 99% of that is marketing fluff. The truth is that most of those revolutionaries are building mediocre SaaS products for underserved markets. It's easy to conflate revolution with evolution when the status quo hasn't moved. That's not us.
Our customers build the world with their heavy machines. Many have been in business for decades. Their businesses built our roads and bridges, subdivisions and stadiums. Our industry is smart, sophisticated, and savvy. They tell us that they're not happy with the way equipment is purchased and sold. So, along with our customers, we're building the Modern Marketplace for Heavy Equipment. Selling a backhoe should be as easy as selling a car, and we’re making that happen.
The three founders have built three unicorns, sold three companies, and have spent most of their lives in construction technology.
We’re stepping on the gas at Boom and Bucket and we’re looking for driven sales professionals in our key geographies who want to help shape the future of a $300B market. We hire the best and we make sure top performers are rewarded. If you know your machines, love talking to fleet owners, and have a track record of crushing quota, we want to talk to you.
- Machine listings - We’re moving iron and finding that iron is your mission. To do so, you’ll need to prospect into new accounts and build relationships with key customers in your territory. You’ll also need to keep a close eye on your local construction market to know where the deals will be coming.
- Fanatic customers - We aren’t traders, we’re partners to our customers, so we invest in those relationships early and often. As the tip of our team’s spear in the market, we expect you to go above and beyond for their experience.
- Outside sales skills - this is a sales role and you need to have at least 2 years’ experience sourcing and closing deals. You’ll need to be capable of talking to mid-market CEOs and bulldozer operators to navigate organizations and find the decision makers. You have a high degree of natural optimism and love to win, know how to get repeat business, can talk your way into a meeting with a stranger, and are comfortable negotiating. You’ll also need to go where the machines are, so you’re comfortable driving for several hours each day and operating independently in the field without direct supervision.
- Machinery knowledge - you’ve worked in the heavy equipment industry for at least 1 year, either in new machinery sales, rentals, or service. You know the difference between a skip loader and a backhoe, can hold a conversation with a mechanic, and aren’t happy unless you have to scrape some mud off your boots at the end of the day.
- Tech savvy - Boom and Bucket is changing the way machines are bought and sold and you need to be excited about that. Not only are you a good CRM steward to make sure deals are tracked appropriately, but you’re also enthusiastic about technology in general and what it can do for the industry. If you want to keep doing business as usual, we’re probably not the place for you.