Field Marketing Manager
Boom & Bucket
A lot of people say that they're "revolutionizing an industry," 99% of that is marketing fluff. The truth is that most of those revolutionaries are building mediocre SaaS products for underserved markets. It's easy to conflate revolution with evolution when the status quo hasn't moved. That's not us.
Our customers build the world with their heavy machines. Many have been in business for decades. Their businesses built our roads and bridges, subdivisions and stadiums. Our industry is smart, sophisticated, and savvy. They tell us that they're not happy with the way equipment is purchased and sold. So, along with our customers, we're building the Modern Marketplace for Heavy Equipment. Selling a backhoe should be as easy as selling a car, and we’re making that happen.
The three founders have built three unicorns, sold three companies, and have spent most of their lives in construction technology.
We’re looking for an energetic field marketing lead who wants to help shape the future of a $300B market. You'll manage relationships with our trade associations, plan, budget, and execute trade shows and events, and develop industry-leading content to engage our customers. If you're excited about working with the men and women who build our world in the field, we want to talk to you.
- Industry Engagement - Industry associations like the AEMP, AGC, and ARA are a core part of reaching our customers. You'll be the voice of our brand with these associations and at their events. You'll engage deeply with them to develop content, sponsor events, and find ways to elevate our position in the industry.
- Demand Generation - Our marketing efforts should have business results and you should embrace that. Your efforts with associations and events will have a measurable impact on our sales efforts.
- World Class Content - You'll work with our technical marketing teams, sales teams, and associations to develop engaging content that elevates our brand and drives business outcomes.
- Field marketing skills - You've designed and implemented high impact regional and local marketing events. You're comfortable managing relationships with our most important trade associations. You're an excellent writer with a strong optimistic and creative streak. You’ll also need to manage our event participation and aid our teams in the field, so you're comfortable traveling up to 30% of the week.
- Project management skills - You're excited to be the CEO of your area of responsibility. You can manage budget, are comfortable with decision rights, and can effectively communicate return on marketing investment back to the organization.
- Tech savvy - Boom and Bucket is changing the way machines are bought and sold and you need to be excited about that. You should be comfortable discussing our technology advantages, especially with larger customers that may attend our events. You do not have to be a technical marketer, but you do need to be able to bring business rigor to our marketing efforts and make data-driven decisions.
- Machinery knowledge - not required, but it's nice if you have some familiarity with the machinery industry, either through equipment sales or rentals.