Sr. Process Engineer (Pyro)
Oakland, CA /
- Reactor design for heterogeneous reaction systems, including solid-liquid, gas-solid, and multicomponent solid-liquid
- Assist with process development and engineering design for processing projects, including formulating process flow diagrams and piping & instrumentation diagrams
- Assess materials of construction, including for corrosive and hazardous liquids, gasses, and solids and for high-temperature (>1000°C) systems
- Perform technical communications such as verbal presentations, Powerpoint slideshows, technical write-ups, and reports
- Evaluate and administer contracts with vendors for the provision of services and equipment
- Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years of engineering experience
- Deep understanding of chemical engineering fundamentals: heat transfer, mass transfer, fluid mechanics, chemical kinetics, thermodynamic analysis, mass and energy balance, unit operation design
- Experience with design and engineering of novel processes (pilot plant, demonstration plant, and commercial plant)
- Experience with high temperature reactions (>1000°C)
- Experience with equipment such as rotary kiln, fluidized bed, spray roaster, or similar.
- Familiarity bridging process simulation with actual equipment, process, and plant design
- Relevant experience with experimental design, reaction engineering, equipment design, inorganic process chemistry, material handling and conveying.
Salary Range: $147,000 - $191,000