Oakland, CA /
Human Resources /
Full Time - Remote
The cement/concrete industry is a $1T market opportunity responsible for 5.5% of GHG or approximately 7.5% of global CO2 emissions. This is the same amount of emissions released by the cars we drive daily. Increased concentrations of greenhouse gasses in our atmosphere not only pose a threat to all living things on earth, but especially to disadvantaged communities. At Brimstone, we’ve taken the initiative to stop and revert the effects of climate change through the production of carbon-neutral Portland cement and supplementary cementitious materials, regardless of the energy source.
Our mission is to eliminate industrial greenhouse gas emissions by developing technologies to help industries transition faster to net-zero.
Brimstone was founded in 2019 at Caltech and since then moved to the Bay Area thanks to Cyclotron Road and other federal and private grants. We are lucky to be supported by wonderful investors and advisors. Over the past couple of years, we have worked to build an equitable company that we are proud of with very special individuals dedicated to this cause which gives us an immense amount of joy to work with every day. Our culture is focused on hard work, equity, and gratitude.
You Should Join Us If You:
Are passionate and motivated about our mission and fighting climate change
Have a great sense of curiosity and a drive to solve problems
Are a team player and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are looking for an individual who is looking for a new career challenge in the climate tech startup space. As an experienced recruiter, you will support the hiring needs for a set of industry and functional practice areas. You will play a central role in bringing top talent across industries and functions into the organization. If you are passionate about the climate, accounting topics, and consider yourself highly organized and ambitious, then we have the perfect opportunity for you here at Brimstone.
- Establish an effective recruiting strategy to build a team of diverse, talented individuals
- Collaborate with team to understand hiring needs and continuously improve recruiting operations and interview practices
- Coordinate the full cycle recruitment process, from pre-recruitment preparation work to post-offer acceptance
- Ensure all candidates have an efficient and positive experience
- Source and engage exceptional talent from diverse backgrounds
- Prepare recruitment materials and post jobs to relevant job boards/newspapers etc.
- Build long term partnerships with leading colleges and universities to form a strong talent pipeline
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of experience as a full-cycle recruiter with focus on Engineering Recruiting
- Technology knowledge (different coding languages/technical stacks/terminology)
- Knowledgeable with ATS system (Lever)
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize multiple roles in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with social media, resume databases and professional networks such as LinkedIn, Handshake etc.
- Passionate about hiring and onboarding new team members at a fast growing startup
- Demonstrated computer skills utilizing Google Suite and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Excellent written, communication and presentation skills
Salary and Benefits
A highly competitive salary
Equity in the company
Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance is 100% covered for employees and dependents
Therapy and Counseling costs are 100% covered
A computer of your choice
Up to $10,000 of moving expenses
30 days of paid vacation + all federal holidays (9 days) + all days between Christmas and New Year
Commuter benefits and public transportation expenses are 100% covered
A fun, diverse, and talented team focus on making the biggest impact possible on climate change
Our Commitment to Diversity
Brimstone is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We are seeking to build a unique team of individuals and create an environment where all backgrounds and experiences are valued. We credit our success to the different perspectives each team member presents and would never discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status, or Veteran status.