Revenue Operations Manager
San Francisco /
Butter is looking for a Revenue Operations Manager to lead our operations team across all revenue functions: business development, sales, partnerships, customer success and marketing. The RevOps Manager is responsible for developing a strategic, collaborative, data-driven and results-oriented operations function. The scope of the role is leading the people, strategy, process and technology across all revenue operation activities from driving marketing campaign effectiveness to optimizing sales funnel processes to managing the key revenue systems (e.g., CRM). In particular, the RevOps Manager will be a key partner to each member of the Revenue Leadership Team in advising on go to market strategy and cross-functional opportunities.
About the Role:
You are a revenue architect, who understands the modern systems, processes and data to build an efficient and high performing revenue organization. You are a curious optimizer, who leverages best practices and data to make decisions in partnership with your peers. You are a systems thinker, who balances attention to detail with understanding the big picture of creating and scaling a revenue machine. You are a collaborative partner, who works cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, Finance, Product & Engineering on go-to-market strategy and operations.
You thrive in a startup environment that is fast-paced, diverse, and entrepreneurial. As a member of the Revenue Leadership Team, you will be an integral contributor to shaping Butter’s strategy, culture, and success.
- Develop the vision and strategy for the revenue operations team.
- Manage day-to-day revenue operations team, including marketing campaign evaluation, funnel optimization, sales / revenue performance measurement, compensation planning, account segmentation, voice of customer, and revenue team dashboards.
- Partner closely with our BD, Sales, Partnerships, Customer Success and Marketing leaders and teams, serving as a subject matter expert in revenue operations to understand, report and advise on the revenue funnel.
- Direct operational priorities connected to new business and customer acquisition, marketing tactics, and customer retention / growth.
- Establish quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting.
- Leverage data in making decisions, setting goals, and driving success in the organization, while also embracing qualitative measures of success.
- Own revenue operations delivery end to end, set growth goals and create the plan(s) to achieve them.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 4+ years in revenue operations, sales operations, marketing operations or similar roles.
- 1+ years in people leadership roles managing high performing teams.
- Strategic: Strategic thinking around revenue, marketing, and customer success by using data-driven insights to create plans of action.
- Analytical: Ability to analyze revenue team data in multiple ways to detect patterns and determine new opportunities.
- Collaborative: Experience working cross-functionally at multiple levels of the organization to create processes, solve problems and develop strategies.
- Coach: Excellent leadership and people management skills. Skilled in hiring and developing high-caliber revenue operations professionals.
- Communicator: Exceptional communications skills: writing, presenting, pitching, negotiating.
- Growth Mindset: Ability to proactively solicit, listen, and welcome constructive feedback, and adjust quickly.
- Problem Solver: Able to learn new concepts quickly, and think through complex problems with creativity and pragmatism.
- Knowledge of payment processing is preferred.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Generous benefits package (medical, dental, vision)
- The opportunity to work with a well-funded, outcomes-driven, growing team, founded on mutual respect and having fun while building something meaningful.
Modern subscription companies accidentally lose up to 4% of their total customer base each year due to churn caused by legitimate payments failing (passive churn). These payments fail either because they are falsely detected as fraud or because of archaic systems in an aging payment ecosystem.
Butter uses patented machine learning and artificial intelligence to deeply understand the real time state for any given payment and then optimizes for success. Butter offers a free assessment and trial to validate a customer’s found revenue opportunity, integrates with existing payment processors, and charges an ongoing success fee tied to revenue recovered.
Butter typically recovers up to $1M or more of found revenue for our customers and gives 1% back to causes that support our mission of enabling anyone anywhere to have access to the things they deserve and need.
Butter is well funded by leading investors and offers a generous benefits package including unlimited PTO (as long as the work gets done). Our culture is one focused on mutual respect, great communication, and taking risks with consensus.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Butter Payments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Atomic considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.