System/Firmware Engineer (Android)
Shanghai, China /
Caper builds smart shopping carts powered by deep learning and computer vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. We differ from other emerging cashierless technologies like Amazon Go because we are the scalable solution. Caper’s autonomous checkout technology is plug and play, meaning it requires no in-store renovation, no operational overhaul, no heavy computations or endless image labeling. Any retailer can buy the carts and their entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure. We are already live in-stores and our customers love us!
Caper is the fastest-growing company in retail automation technology and is backed by Lux Capital, First Round Capital, Y Combinator along with top executives from Google, Walmart, Instacart, Plated, and Albertsons with over $13M in funding to date. While e-commerce accounts for 8% of total retail spending, Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
As a part of the Caper team, you’ll be a part of a culture that cares about its people and the future we’re shaping together. At Caper, we may all come from different backgrounds, but we all share one common vision - to fundamentally disrupt the retail industry.
You MUST have:
- 3+ years experience in system/firmware development including operating system, MCU firmware, etc.
- Proficiency in C/C++/Java.
- Familiarity with Android system and can do system pruning, customizing, adaptation.
- Familiarity with common chip brands like Rockchip, Qualcomm, etc.
- Understand HAL and can develop hardware drivers on Android.
- Familiarity with common hardware interfaces and protocols like USB、IIC、SPI、UART、CAN. Can debug hardware using oscilloscope etc.
- Great understanding of software fundamentals. Understand clean code and common software design patterns
You may have:
- BA degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or equivalent major.
- Good English read/write skills
You are ready to:
- Design and build a more robust and efficient system for Caper products.
- Resolve system issues with both the software and hardware team.
- Research on new hardware platforms and components to improve the product.
- Develop the firmware for all the sensors for our ML applications.
- Conquer the World with Caper!