Business Operations Associate
New York, NY /
Business Development /
Instacart recently acquired Caper AI to help retailers unify the in-store and online shopping experience for customers no matter how they choose to shop. Caper’s cutting-edge, AI-powered shopping carts and automated checkout counters bring together online and offline shopping to create a completely new in-store experience for customers.
In addition to acquiring Caper AI’s technology, we’re delighted to welcome the Caper team to the Instacart family. The global Caper team is based primarily in New York City and Shanghai, China, and will bring new hardware expertise to Instacart’s already deep product and technology team. Together, we’re excited to create new ways for retailers to solve for the ever-changing needs of their businesses and customers.
Caper builds smart shopping carts powered by deep learning and computer vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. We differ from other emerging cashierless technologies because we are the scalable solution. Caper’s autonomous checkout technology is plug and play, meaning it requires no in-store renovation, no operational overhaul, no heavy computations or endless image labeling. Any retailer can buy the carts and their entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of other cashierless competitor’s infrastructure. We are already live in-stores and our customers love us!
As a part of the Caper team, you’ll be a part of a culture that cares about its people and the future we’re shaping together. At Caper, we may all come from different backgrounds, but we all share one common vision - to fundamentally disrupt the retail industry.
Business Operations Associate will work closely to help execute operational needs of the Company. This role is ideal for someone eager to contribute across all business disciplines and operations.
In this role, you will:
- Use your financial and analytical toolkit to advise in financial and strategic decision-making processes, building and owning our financial model and developing ad-hoc analyses
- Work with our business team to communicate with our customers to ensure their success and communicate their feedback to our product and engineering teams
- Assist in the creation, maintenance, and improvement of our sales and go-to-market strategy and processes
- Develop new workflows and optimize existing operational processes
- Assist in helping executing our Growth Strategy
- Have 2-4 years of experience in investment banking experience preferred
- Excited by the prospect of applying structured thinking to a wide variety of strategic and operational challenges
- Capable of managing several projects at once in a fast-moving environment
- Strong written and verbal communicators, capable of managing difficult conversations and finding collaborative solutions
- Advanced financial modeling experience
- Eager to "roll-up their sleeves" and get things done
- Competitive salary with equity
- 401K + matching
- Attractive Health, Vision & Dental Plans
- Flexible hybrid work model
- Short Term Disability Plan
- Unlimited snacks
- Unlimited PTO