Site Reliability Engineer
Caper builds smart shopping carts powered by deep learning and computer vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. We differ from other emerging cashierless technologies like Amazon Go because we are the scalable solution. Caper’s autonomous checkout technology is plug and play, meaning it requires no in-store renovation, no operational overhaul, no heavy computations or endless image labeling. Any retailer can buy the carts and their entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure. We are already live in-stores and our customers love us!
Caper is the fastest-growing company in retail automation technology and is backed by Lux Capital, First Round Capital, Y Combinator along with top executives from Google, Walmart, Instacart, Plated, and Albertsons with over $13M in funding to date. While e-commerce accounts for 8% of total retail spending, Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
As a part of the Caper team, you’ll be a part of a culture that cares about its people and the future we’re shaping together. At Caper, we may all come from different backgrounds, but we all share one common vision - to fundamentally disrupt the retail industry.
You’ll join the backend team as an early member of the company’s SRE effort, driving and defining SRE practice and principles across the organization, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems and running better production applications and systems. This is an incredible opportunity to utilize your existing cloud experience to build, scale, and secure modern backend systems as Caper business grows.
- 2+ years of professional experience in running production distributed applications and managing company DevOps platforms and infrastructures
- Familiarity with container orchestration ecosystem and toolsets (e.g. docker, Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts and CI/CD technologies
- Experience programming in at least one of the following languages: Java (preferred), Python, Go
- Experience maintaining and scaling production services by measuring and monitoring its availability, latency and overall health
- Familiarity with one or more of the following: Bazel, Kustomize, Docker Compose, Istio, Google Cloud Platform (fundamentals, IAM), Argo Toolset (ArgoCD, Argo Workflows, Argo Rollouts)
- Previous experience on SOC2 and/or related compliances
You Are Ready To:
- Ensure the high availability, scalability and performance of Caper backend services
- Develop, source or adopt automated tooling or infrastructure to continuously improve Caper DevOps experience and productivity
- Help scale Caper services to meet the fast growing business needs across multiple regions around the globe
- Help drive the process to ensure that the company IT systems consistently meet compliance requirements (e.g. SOC2, GDPR, etc)
- Competitive salary with equity
- Attractive Health, Vision & Dental Plans
- Flexible hybrid work model
- Short Term Disability Plan
- Unlimited snacks
- Unlimited PTO