Shanghai, China /
Caper builds smart shopping carts powered by deep learning and computer vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. We differ from other emerging cashierless technologies like Amazon Go because we are the scalable solution. Caper’s autonomous checkout technology is plug and play, meaning it requires no in-store renovation, no operational overhaul, no heavy computations or endless image labeling. Any retailer can buy the carts and their entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure. We are already live in-stores and our customers love us!
Caper is the fastest-growing company in retail automation technology and is backed by Lux Capital, First Round Capital, Y Combinator along with top executives from Google, Walmart, Instacart, Plated, and Albertsons with over $13M in funding to date. While e-commerce accounts for 8% of total retail spending, Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
As a part of the Caper team, you’ll be a part of a culture that cares about its people and the future we’re shaping together. At Caper, we may all come from different backgrounds, but we all share one common vision - to fundamentally disrupt the retail industry.
- Explore the needs of users and businesses, and create innovative solutions.
- Responsible for Caper product ID design, communicating with overseas teams, determining product design output and related product definition work.
- Control the design quality and coordinate internal and external R&D resources to ensure the perfect presentation of the product from concept to mass production.
- Responsible for product commercialization, product introductions, videos, and packaging design, etc., output high-fidelity product renderings and high-quality visual design.
- Responsible for other design works.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent industrial experience, more than 3 years of ID design work experience.
- Fluent English Speaker (be able to communicate with overseas teams independently).
- Have a strong professional background in the field of industrial design. Have unique insights and influence in a certain area of the profession.
- Rich experience in mass production, familiar with CMF. (Working experience in a start-up company is preferred)
- Proficient in 2D/3D design tools, familiar with the whole process of end-to-end design, pursue high standards for 2D/3D design, and have rich experience in mass production.
- Strong learning and communication skills, good at actively seeking resources to solve problems, systematic and framework skills, and innovative thinking skills.
- Ability to make animations and shoot videos.
- Experience in IoT and smart hardware.