Senior Data Analyst
Caper builds smart shopping carts powered by deep learning and computer vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. We differ from other emerging cashierless technologies like Amazon Go because we are the scalable solution. Caper’s autonomous checkout technology is plug and play, meaning it requires no in-store renovation, no operational overhaul, no heavy computations or endless image labeling. Any retailer can buy the carts and their entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure. We are already live in-stores and our customers love us!
Caper is the fastest-growing company in retail automation technology and is backed by Lux Capital, First Round Capital, Y Combinator along with top executives from Google, Walmart, Instacart, Plated, and Albertsons with over $13M in funding to date. While e-commerce accounts for 8% of total retail spending, Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
As a part of the Caper team, you’ll be a part of a culture that cares about its people and the future we’re shaping together. At Caper, we may all come from different backgrounds, but we all share one common vision - to fundamentally disrupt the retail industry.
We empower our product teams to solve hard problems - customer problems and business problems - in ways that our customers love, yet work for our business. Our product teams are cross-functional and durable, generally composed of a product manager, a product designer and several engineers.
We staff our product teams with the skills necessary to come up with effective solutions that are valuable (our customers choose to buy or use), viable (the solution works within the many constraints of the business), usable (the user can figure out how to use) and feasible(our engineers have the skills and technology to implement).
As a Senior Data Analyst, your goal is to deeply understand our internal needs based on customer needs and to build out data products that provide the company with real-time and in-depth insights about our diverse customer base.
In this role you will:
- Live and search for data: you build datasets and reports that resolve key insights about our customers through internal and external data sources
- Problem solve: you translate vague business questions into specific data-driven solutions
- Knowledge share: coach other team members in their work, translate complex data theories into learning opportunities
- Plan for scale: How do we move beyond the day-to-day asks so teams can self-service data and have their reporting automated and flexible
- Utilize superb communication & presentation skills
- 3+ years in a data-intensive role (or equivalent experience)
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative field
- Strong reporting skills with Google Data Studio or reporting tools like Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- Expert in at least one analytics language (ex. Python, R)
- Expert in SQL
- Proficient in GitHub bash commands
- Experience with an early stage analytics team
- Advanced modeling and machine learning expertise outside of school or Kaggle
- Able to look beyond the immediate deliverable, find the real data problem, and solve for it
- Competitive salary with equity
- Attractive Health, Vision & Dental Plans
- Flexible hybrid work model
- Short Term Disability Plan
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Casual work environment