Software QA engineer
Shanghai, China /
Caper builds smart shopping carts powered by deep learning and computer vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. We differ from other emerging cashierless technologies like Amazon Go because we are the scalable solution. Caper’s autonomous checkout technology is plug and play, meaning it requires no in-store renovation, no operational overhaul, no heavy computations or endless image labeling. Any retailer can buy the carts and their entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure. We are already live in-stores and our customers love us!
Caper is the fastest-growing company in retail automation technology and is backed by Lux Capital, First Round Capital, Y Combinator along with top executives from Google, Walmart, Instacart, Plated, and Albertsons with over $13M in funding to date. While e-commerce accounts for 8% of total retail spending, Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
As a part of the Caper team, you’ll be a part of a culture that cares about its people and the future we’re shaping together. At Caper, we may all come from different backgrounds, but we all share one common vision - to fundamentally disrupt the retail industry.
You MUST have:
- Bachelor's degree or above, major in computer science, or related is preferred.
- English CET6, the ability to read English webpages, communicating with foreign colleagues in English orally and by email, and writing test cases in English.
- Familiarity with common test software and testing processes, such as JIRA.
- Strong observation ability, logical thinking ability, and systematic analysis ability; can quickly get started on product logic and business.
- The ability of problem location and can skillfully operate the tools for problem location.
- Good communication and coordination skills and team spirit and can actively summarize and share their testing experience.
You are ready to:
- Understand requirements and write test cases according to requirements and design documents.
- Complete the system test of the product.
- Modify and sort out use case defects in time according to changing requirements
- Execute manual tests according to test cases, analyze, submit, track and solve the problems found in the test process.
- Carry out regression tests in time after fixing system bugs.
- Carry out function tests, interface tests, and system stability tests regularly in time after the system go-live.