Shanghai, China /
Caper builds smart shopping carts powered by deep learning and computer vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. We differ from other emerging cashierless technologies like Amazon Go because we are the scalable solution. Caper’s autonomous checkout technology is plug and play, meaning it requires no in-store renovation, no operational overhaul, no heavy computations or endless image labeling. Any retailer can buy the carts and their entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure. We are already live in-stores and our customers love us!
Caper is the fastest-growing company in retail automation technology and is backed by Lux Capital, First Round Capital, Y Combinator along with top executives from Google, Walmart, Instacart, Plated, and Albertsons with over $13M in funding to date. While e-commerce accounts for 8% of total retail spending, Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
As a part of the Caper team, you’ll be a part of a culture that cares about its people and the future we’re shaping together. At Caper, we may all come from different backgrounds, but we all share one common vision - to fundamentally disrupt the retail industry.
You MUST have:
- BA degree in computer science.
- Familiarity with at least one of the following languages: Python/Java/C++/Kotlin.
- Used container technologies in your past work or experience.
- Great understanding of algorithms, data structures, OS, database, networking, OOP, etc. Have gone through formal classes with the above topics.
- Strong desire to learn new technologies and be able to learn new technologies independently.
- Can read/write in English fluently.
You may have:
- BA degree from 211 and 985 universities or global top 100 universities.
- Can talk in English fluently.