New York, NY /
People Department /
Caper builds smart shopping carts powered by deep learning and computer vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. We differ from other emerging cashierless technologies like Amazon Go because we are the scalable solution. Caper’s autonomous checkout technology is plug and play, meaning it requires no in-store renovation, no operational overhaul, no heavy computations or endless image labeling. Any retailer can buy the carts and their entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure. We are already live in-stores and our customers love us!
Caper is the fastest-growing company in retail automation technology and is backed by Lux Capital, First Round Capital, Y Combinator along with top executives from Google, Walmart, Instacart, Plated, and Albertsons with over $13M in funding to date. While e-commerce accounts for 8% of total retail spending, Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
As a part of the Caper team, you’ll be a part of a culture that cares about its people and the future we’re shaping together. At Caper, we may all come from different backgrounds, but we all share one common vision - to fundamentally disrupt the retail industry.
About the role
As the NYC Office Manager for Caper you will be at the heart of Caper’s operations and the soul that keeps the team moving forward. You anticipate the needs of the office and leadership team and help them stay focused on their projects by resolving operational and administrative issues before they arise. You move quickly with the changing environment and are up to date with the latest Caper products and services and you use that knowledge to strategically support the office and the leadership team. In addition to being organized and dependable, you possess the strong business judgment and communication skills needed to interact with a variety of people and job functions.
This role requires someone who is organized and dependable and driven by a common company goal: to make shopping magic. Working behind the scenes, you will make a significant impact on both the Caper team as well as retailer shoppers who are using Caper’s products. You’re adept at leading and managing a variety of simultaneous projects, which requires the particular talent of being able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Provide reception coverage including phone, email, meeting and greeting guests, reserving office space using a variety of reservation platforms and coordinating building access for internal and external visitors
- Manage logistics for employee onboarding or offboarding (e.g., equipment provisioning, desk assignment, system access provisioning, general orientation etc.)
- Perform administrative tasks such as strategically managing senior leadership calendars, booking travel, scheduling facilities and equipment, and managing budgets.
- Maintain the professional appearance of the office and conference rooms
- Coordinate deliveries and shipping of office and/or misc. supplies
- Help plan and execute office wide team and social events
- Lead and manage projects of different magnitudes such as improving or defining processes or procedures
- Order and receive catering for team activities or events
- Assist with basic IT responsibilities and help deploy office technology equipment.
- Organize logistics for various team off-sites and events
- Proactively identify potential facilities-related issues and opportunities for improvement and liaise with building management and external vendors for solutions (i.e. HVAC, janitorial services, electrical and various repairs)
- Be the pulse of the team and a trusted advisor to the Leadership team
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 1 year experience in administrative role
- Strong initiative and positive attitude
- Ability to work independently
- High tolerance for ambiguity
- Collaborative and strong service-oriented mindset
- Ability to expand role beyond responsive support to proactive contributions and ownership for administrative tasks
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills;
- Excitement to cultivate strong relationships with colleagues; energized by working in a collaborative team environment
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficiency with GSuite (gMail, Calendar, Docs/Sheets/Slides) or MicroSoft 365 (Outlook, Word/Excel/PowerPoint) and Slack
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently
- Experience in an administrative role in a technology or international environment or for senior management, involving calendar management, event planning, leading projects, travel scheduling and booking, budgeting, and minuting meetings
- Ability to adhere to an expectation of complete confidentiality on all business matters
- Ability to build and maintain constructive working and communications relationships with a diverse community
- Excellent communication, project, and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to learn new applications such as Adobe/Figma, Qualtrics, Splunk, Tableau etc.
- Flexibility to occasionally work overtime as needed (particularly for events)
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Competitive salary
- Attractive Health, Vision & Dental Plans
- Flexible hybrid work model
- Short Term Disability Plan
- Unlimited snacks
- Unlimited PTO