Indoor Localization Engineer
Shanghai, China /
Caper builds smart shopping carts powered by deep learning and computer vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. We differ from other emerging cashierless technologies like Amazon Go because we are the scalable solution. Caper’s autonomous checkout technology is plug and play, meaning it requires no in-store renovation, no operational overhaul, no heavy computations or endless image labeling. Any retailer can buy the carts and their entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure. We are already live in-stores and our customers love us!
Caper is the fastest-growing company in retail automation technology and is backed by Lux Capital, First Round Capital, Y Combinator along with top executives from Google, Walmart, Instacart, Plated, and Albertsons with over $13M in funding to date. While e-commerce accounts for 8% of total retail spending, Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
As a part of the Caper team, you’ll be a part of a culture that cares about its people and the future we’re shaping together. At Caper, we may all come from different backgrounds, but we all share one common vision - to fundamentally disrupt the retail industry.
You MUST have:
- 2-4 years of industrial experience in Indoor Localization, Mapping Navigation, Embedded Systems, etc.
- BA in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering
- Advanced proficiency in IMU based localization techniques. Understand how to calibrate and complement IMUs.
- Familiarity with common indoor localization solutions based on different technologies such as WIFI, Bluetooth, Infrared, etc.
- Deep understanding of filters such as Kalman filter. Familiarity with embedded system programming.
- Ability to build a solution from scratch.
You may have:
- Familiarity with AOSP (Android Open Source Project) platform.
You are ready to:
- Contribute to Caper’s indoor localization system to provide users with a better in-store experience.
- Build something novel to revolutionize the indoor localization industry in the retail space.
- Conquer the World!
- Competitive salary with equity
- Attractive Health Benefits
- Unlimited snacks