Senior Computer Vision Engineer
Shanghai, China /
Caper builds smart shopping carts powered by deep learning and computer vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. We differ from other emerging cashierless technologies like Amazon Go because we are the scalable solution. Caper’s autonomous checkout technology is plug and play, meaning it requires no in-store renovation, no operational overhaul, no heavy computations or endless image labeling. Any retailer can buy the carts and their entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure. We are already live in-stores and our customers love us!
Caper is the fastest-growing company in retail automation technology and is backed by Lux Capital, First Round Capital, Y Combinator along with top executives from Google, Walmart, Instacart, Plated, and Albertsons with over $13M in funding to date. While e-commerce accounts for 8% of total retail spending, Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
As a part of the Caper team, you’ll be a part of a culture that cares about its people and the future we’re shaping together. At Caper, we may all come from different backgrounds, but we all share one common vision - to fundamentally disrupt the retail industry.
You MUST have:
- 2-3 years of industrial experience in ML / DL / CL related field and have led / participated building a commercial CV application at scale
- Advanced proficiency in Python
- Familiarity with CV and DL fundamentals such as feature extraction, CNNs, supervised machine learning, and transfer learning
- Deep understanding in one of the two ML / DL framework: Tensorflow, Pytorch
- Familiarity with traditional CV technologies like OpenCV
- Familiarity with GPUs + CUDA
- Can build a solution from scratch end-to-end
- Basic knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, Design Patterns and Operating System
You may have:
- PhD / Master degree in Computer Science, Math, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Familiarity with compression / optimization of DL models like TensorRT
You are ready to:
- Design and implement custom computer vision algorithms and architectures for commercial product recognition
- Collaborate with hardware team to better apply CV and DL technologies into embedded system
- Conquer the World!
- Competitive salary with equity
- Attractive Health Benefits
- Weekly catered-lunch
- Unlimited snacks
- Unlimited PTO