New York, NY /
Caper builds smart shopping carts powered by deep learning and computer vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. We differ from other emerging cashierless technologies like Amazon Go because we are the scalable solution. Caper’s autonomous checkout technology is plug and play, meaning it requires no in-store renovation, no operational overhaul, no heavy computations or endless image labeling. Any retailer can buy the carts and their entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure. We are already live in-stores and our customers love us!
Caper is the fastest-growing company in retail automation technology and is backed by Lux Capital, First Round Capital, Y Combinator along with top executives from Google, Walmart, Instacart, Plated, and Albertsons with over $13M in funding to date. While e-commerce accounts for 8% of total retail spending, Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
As a part of the Caper team, you’ll be a part of a culture that cares about its people and the future we’re shaping together. At Caper, we may all come from different backgrounds, but we all share one common vision - to fundamentally disrupt the retail industry.
We are looking for solid Android Engineers with native development experience. You must be passionate about mobile design and development. Our team is growing, our culture is inclusive, casual and high energy. Our front end engineering team has a strong sense of accountability and provide it's members many opportunities for learning and growth. You will get a chance to work on UI for state-of-the art, consumer-facing retail devices.
You MUST have:
- 2 or more years of Android development experience
- Familiarity with common Android / JVM libs like Dagger2, Retrofit, RxJava, and Jetpack Package
- Common development tools including Git, Linux or Mac cmdline
- Knowledge of monitoring, optimizing, and profiling of Android applications leveraging tools including LeakCanary, and one or more of the following: Lint, Coala, SonarQube, Firebase crashlytics
- Ability to write clean, modularized code. Understand common Android architecture like MVVM and MVP
- Vast knowledge of computer science fundamentals such as data structures, operating system, database, networking, as well as domain-driven design experience is preferred
- Fluency in advanced topics about Android, like NDK, Kotlin, etc.
- Skills to complete unit test and instrumentation tests
You are ready to:
- Build and maintain Caper's core application
- Work closely with the product team to deliver new features and improvements
- Participate in architecture design, prototype, implement new feature, resolve issues, design/develop shared libraries and dev tools, work with backend and product teams
- Work with a great team and Conquer the World!
- Competitive salary with equity
- Attractive Health, Vision & Dental Plans
- Flexible hybrid work model
- Short Term Disability Plan
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Casual work environment