Sr. Manager, Quality Assurance
New York, NY /
Caper builds smart shopping carts powered by deep learning and computer vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. We differ from other emerging cashierless technologies like Amazon Go because we are the scalable solution. Caper’s autonomous checkout technology is plug and play, meaning it requires no in-store renovation, no operational overhaul, no heavy computations or endless image labeling. Any retailer can buy the carts and their entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure. We are already live in-stores and our customers love us!
Caper is the fastest-growing company in retail automation technology and is backed by Lux Capital, First Round Capital, Y Combinator along with top executives from Google, Walmart, Instacart, Plated, and Albertsons with over $13M in funding to date. While e-commerce accounts for 8% of total retail spending, Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
As a part of the Caper team, you’ll be a part of a culture that cares about its people and the future we’re shaping together. At Caper, we may all come from different backgrounds, but we all share one common vision - to fundamentally disrupt the retail industry.
You will be leading a team of QA testers, focused on ensuring we have the right cadence of testing, structure, tools and principles in place to deliver world-class products with world-class quality. You will be a key leader within the company that is responsible for the core quality of our value offering, and an active participant in identifying initiatives tied to our company objectives. You will work with your team to derive and act on the insights gathered from a multitude of sources: shoppers, partners, session data, industry trends, etc.
- Level up every member of your team.
- Lead complex frontend and backend testing projects with a track record of coaching QA engineers on backend testing including REST API, third party integrations, and databases.
- Manage exploratory and regression testing, test cases, test plans, test reports, and preparing all other testing activities.
- Present gaps and defects to software engineers and product managers, even if it means critiquing their own work.
- Establish best practices in using testing related tools, like bug trackers (Jira, Bugzilla), test management tools (TestRail, qTest), and documentation repositories (Confluence, Google Docs).
- Manage your team through an iterative, agile development process with frequent cycles and understand how such processes can be improved to achieve quality goals.
- Craft, document, and communicate updated QA strategy.
- Build a QA culture based on collaboration, measuring and tracking results, and constant improvement.
- Mentoring, coaching and providing support to a team of QAs and SDETs
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of QA Management experience, with 3+ years of growing, managing and inspiring a team to greatness
- Basic knowledge of industry standard QA tools. Most importantly, you believe that QA and engineering should not be siloed, but instead work together throughout the process to build a structurally sound, beautiful and intuitive user experience.
- You thrive in environments supporting your growth, and where you can support others.
- You understand design thinking and the balance of a more empathetic, flexible and iterative approach to product development.
- You can stand behind product decisions that focus on finding out the right ideas alongside the business focus for growth.
- Technical experience using tools to automate testing.
- Data-informed - You know how to leverage data to make good decisions when confronted by ambiguity. You may not have all the answers upfront but you know how to find them
- Must be data and metrics-informed, and have an ability to tie activities to metrics, such as customer adoption, product usage, or revenue, that help move the business forward.
- Curiosity. You value learning and exploring. You should enjoy moving fast and learning lots of new things!
- Industry chops - you have worked with consumer-facing products, in retail, restaurant, hospitality, or e-commerce
- Experience with computer vision, software + hardware, IoT products a plus
- Competitive salary with equity
- Attractive Health, Vision & Dental Plans
- Flexible hybrid work model
- Short Term Disability Plan
- Unlimited snacks
- Unlimited PTO